Provides paralegal services to an assigned group of clients and assists WAA attorneys in preparation of cases, files and related documents. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Provides support to WAA Attorneys in the preparation of client files, preparation of cases in litigation, in the drafting and filing of pleadings and for emergency services in accordance with the Victims of Criminal Act federal guidelines.
2. Provides liaison to clients or potential clients by providing intake, information, legal options, referral and follow-up service. Such liaison may include accompanying clients at (trial) hearings.
3. Provides advocacy to clients in civil court, municipal court and criminal court as assigned.
4. Serves as liaison with various Court units as assigned on behalf of WAA clients.
5. Works collaboratively with Court personnel to ensure the protection of client rights.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
2. Some experience in legal services and/or advocacy is preferred with paralegal experience strongly preferred.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in communication, both verbal and written, is required.
4. Demonstrated ability to plan projects and follow through to completion is required.
5. Demonstrated ability to organize time and detail, including keeping of records, is required.
6. Some experience in working on domestic violence issues is strongly preferred.
7. Bilingualism is strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQIA communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
A very comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 403b retirement savings, and generous time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.