Details: salary range listed at full time equivalent, this position is a part-time, hourly position eligible for overtime pay if incurred.
1809 Palmetto Avenue
We are looking for a Temporary Administrative Assistant to support the organization while current staff is on leave. The position will begin as soon as possible, and will continue an approximately 3-4 months.
We are searching for a candidate that wants to be a part of our community, and who puts the needs of our families first. The ideal individual will need to be self-directed, detail oriented, able to handle multiple requests for time and attention while maintaining organization and bringing a sense of calm to the office as you are the first friendly face that our families see! We are a small team that has a mighty impact because each one of us is committed to excellence and providing the highest levels of care that we can, meaning we do have high expectations and standards and want everyone who joins our team to feel just as impassioned to provide excellent support to our community as we do!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Temporary Administrative Assistant is instrumental in ensuring the office runs smoothly and effectively. This position is called upon to perform many varied duties throughout the day. S/He answers all incoming calls with enthusiasm and confidence, as well as greets people when they visit the office. The ideal candidate is expected to listen to the needs of the individuals contacting the PRC and assist, when possible, either with making an appointment for additional service or giving a referral. S/He processes all incoming and outgoing mail, distributions, photocopies, etc. Also, maintains all office equipment and supplies, and the professional appearance and tidiness of the office.
The Administrative Assistant position is a temporary, part-time non-exempt position with a 20 hour work week. All positions at PRC require occasional weekend and occasional evening work, however advance notice will always be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answer phones
· Greet people
· Organizing and maintain filing system
· Process and distribute mail
· Maintain reception area
· Provide initial screening of clients
· Make appointments for case managers
· Provide information and referral to appropriate agencies
· Monitor and control drop-in food programs
· Monitor, maintain, and order office supplies
· Receive and track all monetary and in kind donations
· Prepare receipts for donors and deposits
· Maintain strict confidentiality of individuals and families using PRC services
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist in compiling service log data for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
· Assist with seasonal programs and record keeping
· Complete additional tasks as requested or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent or higher.
· Prior experience working with safety net services highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to effectively work with individuals and families in crisis, who often have complex and multiple issues to address.
· Understands the need for and has the ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Detail-oriented with strong initiative and follow up skills
· Proficient with all MS Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc) and with using the Web as an information resource
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with other staff and/or other helping agencies.
· Sensitivity to issues of ethnicity, race, class, gender, and sexual preference
· Bilingual in Tagalog/English or Chinese/English highly preferred
· Flexibility, sense of humor, tact and diplomacy desirable
· Valid California driving license and verified good driving record preferred.
· Core agencies
· San Mateo County Human Services Agency
· Other safety net or social service agencies
This position requires 3+hours per day sitting, talking, and listening; standing and walking for up to 2 hours per day; 3+ hours per day at computer keying and reaching with arms and hands; and, heavy lifting up to 35 pounds.
Most work is done in an office setting and requires some travel within the city and county for meetings, trainings, and programs on a regular, monthly basis. At least twice per month, services are provided off-site.
Annual criminal back ground and driving record check are required for employees working with vulnerable populations, and driving on behalf of agency business.
PRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Temporary employees are eligible for holiday, and sick time on a pro-rata basis, as well as worker’s compensation coverage.
Only blocks away from the Pacific Ocean, you can take your lunch breaks at the beach!
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Tagalog/English or Chinese/English (highly preferred)
Minimum Education Required