70 Lincoln Center Plaza
The Development Assistant, Records and Operations is a vital member of the School’s Development Department, who together with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees raise more than $5.5 million in annual funds, plus campaign and endowment support. Founded in 1934 by renowned choreographer George Balanchine and arts patron Lincoln Kirstein to train dancers for professional ballet careers, SAB is a constituent organization of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and is the official, yet independent, school of New York City Ballet.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving and Development Operations, responsibilities for the Development Assistant, Records and Operations include the following:
- Database Management: Maintain and manage donor records in the School’s Raiser’s Edge Database (training provided as needed); utilize the Membership, Prospect, and ResearchPoint modules; integrate student data from Education Edge to Raiser’s Edge; produce accurate mailing lists; report on the success of fundraising appeals; develop donor records procedures and provide training for the department as a whole; troubleshoot issues and find new ways to increase database accuracy as well as department productivity; maintain an updated style manual; and utilize Crystal Reports. Serve as the liaison with Blackbaud to troubleshoot challenges and keep staff apprised of updates.
- Donation Processing: Conduct data entry for all gifts, post gifts with Finance, file all paperwork, reconcile monthly with Finance for audits and 990 reporting, and prepare monthly income reports for the department. Produce all donor acknowledgement letters for the department and end-of-year installment receipts. Supervise accuracy of department-wide gift processing procedures.
- Prospect Research: Perform prospect research and create profiles on current and potential donors.
- Office Management and Administration: Assist the Director of Development with administrative tasks in all aspects of fundraising and office management, including maintaining and reconciling the annual department budget, tracking and identifying fundraising trends, and helping to staff and execute logistics of donor events and hospitality as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and excellent administrative organizational abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and capacity to learn and utilize fundraising databases. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a busy environment.
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and be able to work successfully with colleagues, donors, volunteers, and staff.
- An interest in the performing arts, dance, and/or education is preferred.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours for donor events. May need to work one day during holiday break in December to process year-end gifts, depending on timing and staffing needs.
The School of American Ballet offers a superior benefit package, including full health benefits, four weeks of vacation (plus two holiday weeks in December), and generous retirement savings benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
SAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to an equitable and inclusive program and a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.