Details: Commensurate with experience
239 West 49th Street
Job Title: Director of Programs
Job Status: Salaried Exempt (Full-Time)
Job Hours: 35 hours a week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Director of Operations (DO), the Director of Programs will be responsible for the operational success of Encore Community Services’ Home Delivered Meals Program, Congregate Program, and Volunteer Program. Ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this role, the Director of Programs will manage a growing staff of over 40 employees with 7 direct reports. The Director of Programs will be the key external face of Encore Community Services in the community.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop proven programs. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the DO and work collaboratively with a management team.
- LMSW required; SIFI certified preferred
- At least 5 years of experience with 2 years of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Being able to manage over 10 distinct work streams on any one day
- Valid New York City Food Protection Certificate or obtain within the first 6 months of employment
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Encore Community Services’ mission as well as personal compassion for the elderly.
- Visionary leader, strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to respond to issues quickly and effectively
- Superior interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to people at all levels
- “Roll up your sleeves attitude” and ability to “pitch in”
- Empathetic, energetic, flexible, and patient
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (preferred)
Program Management & Development:
- Provide administrative oversight of all 4 distinct programs serving over 3,500 seniors, including: Encore Senior Center, Social Services, Volunteer Program, and Home Delivered Meals (HDML), which includes an HDML sub-contractor and a kosher caterer
- Monitor, assess, mitigate, and resolve issues which both directly and indirectly impact the quality of service and professional standards
- Implement and monitor the standards and requirements of NYC Dept. for the Aging (DFTA), Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), and all other funders.
- Assist Exec. Director, Director of Operations, and Controller to establish and monitor cross-program annual budget allocation of ~$3mm
- In collaboration with Director of Development secure funding for new health/wellness programming and other fundamental and innovative senior services programs
- Develop, implement, and monitor efficient program policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with management staff to analyze programs’ impact, identify gaps and develop recommendations for programs improvement
- Will serve as the main contact with all funders and will ensure programs are meeting contractual obligations.
- Cultivate existing relationships with funders, partners, and other stakeholders with the goal of ensuring sufficient resources and access to new and innovative services.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Represent Encore at community outreach meetings, conferences, trainings, and network with local agencies/organizations
Team Management and Development:
- Hire, supervise, and train managerial staff and volunteers, including a team of over 40 employees and 7 direct reports
- Provide MSW students field instruction and supervision
- Educate staff on best practices, holistic health/wellness, and current trends in senior services
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, please indicate “Director of Programs”
Indicate salary requirement in Cover Letter.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Encore Community Services offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program