Position Title: Grant Coordinator
The Grant Coordinator will be responsible for managing a portfolio of proposal and report submissions spanning all community development programs at OLCDC and its subsidiaries, working with managers and the External Affairs Director in facilitating the completion of proposals, researching prospective new funders, submitting required reports, and collaborating with grant-writing team members on large-scale submissions as well as all other grants management efforts. This position is ideal for someone with a background in fundraising and social services, and a keen interest in the policies and trends that shape today’s human services/community development landscape. The Grant Coordinator will also be responsible for the administrative support of the organization’s grant and fundraising efforts.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prospecting/Identification of New Funding Opportunities
- Manage all aspects of a select portfolio of foundations, corporations, and government funders, from writing letters of inquiry to maintaining accurate records.
- Utilize our grants and donor database management system to manage proposals, reporting deadlines and key details.
- Research prospective federal, state, and local government, foundation, and corporate grants/awards based on defined OLCDC’s priorities and program direction.
- Analyze RFPs and additional Funding Opportunities for distribution to managers for their engagement.
- Participate in grant writing process, in collaboration with managers, and in some instances lead the grant writing/ grant submission process for organization-wide grant opportunities.
- In collaboration with the External Affairs Director and the management team, coordinate the renewal and re-application process for existing grants to ensure continuing funding.
- Collaborate with program managers and staff to ensure quality and efficiency of grant writing efforts, and to develop strategies to advance work on specific proposals.
Grant Monitoring and Reporting
- Work closely with management team and program staff to track grant contract and reporting requirements and coordinate and/or prepare reports to ensure timely compliance.
- Monitor internal and external deadlines, ensuring grant requirements are addressed and met by program staff.
- Manage OLCDC’s data reporting systems and ensure usage by other staff members (as necessary).
- Provide detailed reports to the External Affairs Director regarding compliance with grant deliverables and other relevant data.
- Respond to grant data requests and inquiries from internal and external sources, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize grants administration efforts, including the development of new systems, data collection, and process improvement.
Donor Relations and Development
- Work with External Affairs Director to provide regular written and verbal stewardship updates to foundations and individual donors.
- Identify strategic partners to expand reach of fundraising campaigns and foster opportunities for capacity building.
- Maintain an annual calendar of fundraising communications and other activities for analysis and planning.
- Collaborate with marketing team to provide input on fund development campaigns and general marketing materials.
- Collaborate on the successfully delivery of the organization’s annual report.
- Master’s degree in appropriate field with one (1) year of related experience in grant management; or Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field with five (5) years of related experience in grant management.
- Excellent writing and research skills with attention to audience, accuracy, messaging, and tone.
- Excellent database and computer skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to identify, understand, and articulate program needs and outcomes in collaboration with program staff.
- Ability to form relationships and work with diverse staff, collaborators and the general public.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A multi-tasker with strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to respond to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.