POSITION SUMMARY: The Digital and Creative Communications Associate is responsible for leading COA’s content development/management and social media strategy. The Associate uses data and best practices to develop and disseminate high-quality, brand-aligned, niche-specific marketing content and execute social media campaigns. The Associate works collaboratively and shares accountability with the sales and accreditation operations teams relative to customer experience and is integral in ensuring that prospective agencies and partner organizations have access to high-quality content and an effective digital experience in such a way that it facilitates their purchasing and partnership decisions. Functioning as a key member of COA’s Business Development Unit, the Digital and Creative Communication Associate works across the organization to further COA’s mission and to facilitate the achievement of COA’s year-over-year growth goals.
Content Development and Management
- Serves as managing editor of COA’s blog: manages the writing and strategy teams which includes recruiting, communicating, answering questions, ensuring deadlines are met, providing feedback, ensuring style guide requirements are adhered to; reviews, edits, approves, schedules, and publishes all blog posts; manages guest posting requests and content partnerships; analyzes web analytics data to gauge content performance; and, manages subscriptions, syndication, and e-mail newsletters.
- Provides guidance and supervision for all editorial projects within communications and marketing from concept through launch, ensuring that messaging is effective, error-free, and is aligned with the COA’s editorial style and marketing strategy.
- Oversees as well as contributes to writing, editing, web content development, newsletters, media and public relations, e-mail campaigns, case studies and thought leadership articles.
- Assist with the management and redesign of the COA website
- Manages COA’s presence across all prioritized social networks, including overseeing the development and execution of editorial and content calendars/posting schedule that optimizes COA’s engagement at the times and level of frequency that best suits each medium.
· Manage the day-to-day execution of marketing campaigns and digital initiatives and build engagement across all digital media and in-person marketing channels, while maintaining brand voice and ensuring clear and consistent brand messaging
· Promotes engagement with accredited organizations to build a sense of community with COA and among accredited organizations.
· Monitors and maximizes COA’s engagement with partner organizations via social media, such that it fosters reciprocal engagement by partners and other leading organizations in areas that COA prioritizes for growth.
· Grows COA’s social media footprint by developing and executing campaigns that proactively work to increase the number and depth of engagement with accredited, non-accredited organization, and influential individuals.
Sales and Marketing
- Manage the development, delivery and execution of customized digital marketing efforts for clients that address sales, marketing and lead nurturing funnel goal.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degrees and a degree in communications, marketing, advertising, digital communications, journalism or related field preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of communication, marketing, and/or public relations experience required.
· Experience with communications, marketing and/or public relations in a non-profit, association, or related field preferred.
· Experience in a digital marketing strategist or similar role required with a strong understanding of advertising and marketing principles for online audiences.
· Advanced experience with online advertising on Google and social media platforms, banner design and production, rich media advertising, HTML e-mails, as well as other emerging technologies is an asset.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Highly organized with excellent project management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, priorities and deadlines with a strong drive for results.
· Experience in planning, managing and executing social media programs, campaigns and initiatives.
· Computer and software proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Salesforce/CRM tools, Adobe Creative Suite, digital and social media platforms inclusive of analytics, reporting and listening platforms.
· Experience with HTML/CSS and major CMS platforms.
· Experience with Google Analytics.
· Strong writing, design, proofing and editing skills.
· Creative thinker with strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills.
· Experience targeting specific goals, focused metrics and KPIs when setting strategy.
· Ability to build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
· High proficiency with best practices for SEO, social media, e-mail marketing, and content creation.
· Drafting and scheduling social media content via social media management platforms.
· Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to interact confidently with staff and members of the board.
· Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
· Building and optimizing e-mail campaigns.
· Tracking social media and e-mail analytic data and optimizing the content accordingly.
Medical and dental insurance, a voluntary vision plan, a 401(k) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and other insurances, Professional Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required