Development Project Manager Horticultural Specialist/Event Coordinator
- Job posted by Brooklyn Community Services
400 Liberty Avenue
Position: Development Project Manager Horticultural Specialist/Event Coordinator
Program/Department: TLC (Transitional Living Community)
Reports to: TLC Program Director
Work Location: East New York, Brooklyn
Hours: Hourly/Per Diem, up to 20 hours a week
· Responsible for the development, maintenance and expansion of the TLC Garden, including all aesthetic and practical components of the outdoor space. Engage clients in the development of the TLC Garden, but retain bottom line accountability for ensuring the garden maintenance and growth is achieved.
· Encourage the garden’s use by the TLC clients as well as the greater local community
· Plan garden events for the TLC clients and the community at large, including holiday and other celebrations. Work collaboratively with TLC VOC/ED department and TLC residents in planning the events
· Build and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations that strengthen TLC/BCS presence in the community. Perform community outreach and serve as a liaison to Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, East New York Farms and Green Thumb.
· Serve as a member of a TLC interdisciplinary team and work with all TLC treatment staff to facilitate placement related goals; participate in TLC staff meetings
· Facilitate at least one group with clients per week
· Identify organizations and events that would be therapeutic for clients and escort them on such outings
· Supervise and train individual and groups of volunteers in work in the garden
· Ensure that the garden is open to the community 10 hours per week as per BCS’s commitment to the New York City Parks Department, and provide appropriate supervision during that time period.
· Ensure maintenance of weekly garden activity log including client participation, maintain chart of expenditures; reconcile petty cash expenditures; plan purchases needed for projects and communicate needs to program Director
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
· Other tasks as may be required
High School diploma minimum plus 5 years’ experience with horticultural programs.
Experience or ability to effectively work with mentally ill women with homeless histories.
Good communication skills to work with community members and garden visitors.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Adrienne Terry, Program Director