Details: This is an hourly position with a salary range of $16-$20 per hour, DOE.
5907 Martin Luther King Jr. Way South
Amara works to ensure that every child in foster care has the love, support, and comfort of a committed family – as quickly as possible, and for as long as the child needs. We work with foster and adoptive families who are committed to caring for children, whether for a month, a year, or a lifetime.
Bring your organizational skills, initiative, and positive attitude to help Amara fulfill its mission! We are currently seeking a full time Administrative Support Specialist to join our Admin team and provide support for both our programs and operational teams. While staffing the front desk, the Administrative Support Specialist is the face of Amara – welcoming clients, employees, and guests into our offices while also seamlessly handling the details of the office such as scheduling, ordering supplies, and managing large amounts of data. The ideal candidate is both dependable and an excellent communicator who is comfortable managing multiple priorities.
Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strive for equality and justice in the way people are treated and the opportunities they have to succeed by working to address racism, unequal treatment and other barriers to inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds (including communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities) to apply and join us in our work.
The Administrative Support Specialist reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with our program teams. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Staffing front desk reception and main phone lines; handling general information intake and/or redirecting toward appropriate internal staff
- General office management including regular ordering of supplies and coordinating the servicing of general office machines (printers, copiers, etc.)
- Supporting and coordinating facilities projects, maintaining office common spaces such as conference rooms and assisting staff and outside presenters in setting up meetings with proper equipment; Occasional event support including arranging catering or snacks
- Data Management and entry, processing invoices and other basic finance transactions
- Assisting in onboarding new staff including ordering supplies, setting up necessary computers & phones, and updating internal tracking systems as needed
- Reviewing IT support tickets, escalating to outsourced IT vendor or resolving simple issues internally through ordering new supplies or assisting staff in basic setup
- Maintaining records and providing administrative support for a variety of teams, including finance, human resources, foster care program, volunteer, and children’s services. This includes creating packets and folders used by programs and communicating regularly with team leaders on these needs.
- Ad Hoc projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree[JM1] or 2 years administrative experience including client/customer contact preferred
- Experience working with a database or a demonstrated ability to keep files and records updated for accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with multi-phone lines
- Superior problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills and enthusiasm for communicating in all forms whether in person, on the phone or in writing
- Professionally maintaining confidentiality
· The ability to work cooperatively with different personalities, ages, religions, races, ethnicities, cultures, economic classes, and lifestyles
- Prior exposure to basic bookkeeping is a plus
- Availability Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A flexible work schedule is not available for this position.
Salary and Benefits
Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with a company match, life and disability insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Administrative Support Specialist” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Priority will be given to those who apply on or before August 10, 2018.