Details: $15-16 (per hour, fall 2018), $16.25-$17.50 (per hour, spring 2019)
WINGSPAN ARTS – SITE DIRECTOR and ASSISTANT SITE DIRECTOR
Availability and Commitment: 5 afternoons per week (2-6pm, Mondays through Fridays)
Pay Rate: $15-16/ hour for fall 2018 and $16.25-$17.50/ hour for spring 2019
For the 2018-2019 school year, Wingspan Arts, a non-profit arts education organization, is seeking experienced and motivated self-starters to oversee and run safe, fun, and enriching arts afterschool programming for PreK-5th grade students throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Orientation begins on Monday, August 27th and runs weekdays from 2-6pm through Tuesday, September 11th. The Afterschool program runs from Wednesday, September 12th until Friday, June 21st and follows the NYC DOE calendar for school and program closures.
CORE VALUES: Authenticity – Commitment – Community – Courage – Creativity - Reflection
- Represent Wingspan Arts as the leader and voice of the program at your assigned school.
- Create a positive environment in which children feel comfortable, safe and engaged.
- Implement effective procedures to manage program-wide challenges.
- Communicate clearly and productively with families and the Education Team regarding student progress, engagement, and behavior.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletters to families with program news and successes.
- Serve as a liaison with principal/school staff, students and families, and the Wingspan Arts Headquarters.
- Work with the Business and Education Teams for business affairs, operations management, general administration, and staff oversight.
- Observe daily classes and be able to provide impactful feedback to Teaching Artists.
- Supervise and inspire a small site team and provide evaluative feedback and team-building opportunities.
- Submit evaluations for site staff and Teaching Artists each semester.
- Attend professional development and training opportunities provided by the Education Team and guest facilitators.
- Facilitate daily operations including attendance, snack distribution, class transitions, program set-up and clean-up, and student dismissal.
- Execute high-level special events including Open Class Week, Share Week, and Showcase.
- Supervise half-day programming, including field trips and special programs.
- Submit bi-weekly payroll for site staff and Teaching Artists to the Operations Manager .
- Order snacks and materials as needed.
- Oversee and distribute budgets for program and arts classes.
- Track and maintain petty cash in collaboration with the Business Manager.
- Maintain site phone, computer, and additional equipment provided by the Operations Manager.
- Maintain site inventory and keep shared spaces clean and organized.
- Submit Incident Reports, and assist the Operations Manager in determining site safety procedures.
- College degree preferred, and/or equivalent experience in early childhood, arts, or education administration.
- Strong leadership qualities, with impeccable attendance and commitment records.
- Experience supervising teams of people, or running a large program.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and lead clearly and effectively in a friendly, high-energy, collaborative manner that inspires and motivates a community of students, parents, and Teaching Artists.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and technology-based skills.
- A desire to cultivate and nurture a commitment to the arts in the students we serve.
Location: On-site at one permanent school assignment in Brooklyn or Manhattan, with frequent visits to Wingspan Arts Headquarters in Hell’s Kitchen.
To apply, please complete an online application here (https://wingspan.wufoo.com/forms/wingspan-arts-application/) and indicate “Site Director” or “Assistant Site Director” in the application form.
Wingspan Arts is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required