Logistics and Administrative Coordinator
- Job posted by The Association for Women's Rights in Development - AWID
Overview of Position:
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced professional with strong administrative, event management and logistics experience, excellent organizing skills and unparalleled attention to detail eager to work with AWID’s talented team dedicated to advancing feminism, women’s rights and gender justice.
The Logistics and Administrative Coordinator facilitates the strong, effective functioning of AWID’s meetings and events, including the biannual meetings of the Board of Directors, regular staff meetings, and convenings with external partners and allies. They also provide administrative support to our resource mobilization function and initiative. This full-time position is responsible for leading administrative and logistical activities at AWID.
AWID is a global, feminist, membership, movement support organisation. Established in 1982, AWID envisions a world where feminist realities flourish, where resources and power are shared in ways that enable everyone, and future generations, to thrive and realize their full potential with dignity, love and respect, and where Earth nurtures life in all its diversity. AWID’s mission is to support feminist, women’s rights and gender justice movements to thrive, to be a driving force in challenging systems of oppression, and to co-create feminist realities.
AWID works globally with a staff of over 40 who are based in 17 countries around the world.
- Provide overall assistance and support for ensuring smooth and efficient event and convening activities.
- Provides support to internal and external meeting logistics including: drafting email correspondence to participants, coordinating airfare reservations, support with visas and accommodations, coordinating catering and AV requirements, coordinating airport transfers, disseminating meeting information, and the provision of other logistical and administrative arrangements as required.
- Plays a proactive role in problem-identification and resolution to support smooth logistical implementation of events, as well as troubleshooting planning or onsite logistical challenges, proactively resolving issues and escalating as needed.
- Contribute to ensuring funder proposal and reporting requirements and deadlines are met, including coordinating the development of an annual plan and overseeing project plans and timelines for each report with clear roles for lead writer, staff input, financial input, review and sign off processes.
- Undertake general administration functions.
Key Functional Areas
- Event Logistics
- Resources Mobilization
- Program Administration
- Team and organisational leadership, development and support
Essential Values and Competencies
- Value a feminist intersectional framework and its implications for organizational practices and committed to the principles of feminism and anti-oppression.
- Focus on the big picture and overall strategic framework for development
- Transparency and accountability including clear project management
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Results orientation
- Strategic risk management
- Build strong interpersonal relations from the role across the organization
- Selecting, coaching, appraising & developing staff
- Influencing & resolving differences across teams
- Self-awareness and insight
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Seven years of progressive experience in a similar role with at least 3 years within a non-profit development, gender, human rights and/or funding organization in the global south or east.
- Demonstrated experience in events logistics coordinating in a non-profit organization, preferably within a global feminist or women’s rights organization; providing administrative support; Excellent attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in project and program management; ability to develop, monitor and evaluate an operational plan with multiple projects, multiple deliverables and deadlines; ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically and analytically, with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment.
- Strong financial management acumen; knowledge of accounting procedures and protocols, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Experience in human resource management; ability to work with a diverse and virtual team and engage team members, build consensus, and build high performance teams.
- Strong public speaker – able to convey information clearly, concisely and in a compelling way.
- Experience working with diverse communities from multiple identities across the globe, in a virtual environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- A high level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite, Google Apps, instant messaging and virtual team collaboration software such as Slack and Asana)
- Ability to travel internationally (approx. 6-8 weeks per year)
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Familiarity with elements of feminist theory and women’s rights frameworks.
- Training or facilitation experience.
- Multilingual – English, Spanish, French.
- Courses or certificates in gender/feminist studies, administration, events management, resource mobilization, or non-profit management.
- Experience of shared leadership models of work.
- Experience working in a global, virtual organization.
Ability to travel internationally
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish, French
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Please submit a current CV, along with a cover letter that addresses how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlines why you want to work for an international women’s organization, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4 November 2018. Please include ‘Logistics Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email.
Women and candidates from historically oppressed groups are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please. To learn more about AWID and our programs, please visit our website at www.awid.org.
AWID is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at AWID are based on organisational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise AWID of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received in relation to accommodation measures will be treated in confidence.