Details: Competitive with similar positions and commensurate with experience.
475 Riverside Drive
The Associate Director of CCF’s Academic Support Program (ADASP) reports directly to the Director of Programs (DOP). The ADASP sets, implements, and monitors the goals and program development for the ASP. The position requires strong management and leadership skills as well as a demonstrated capacity to lead, retain, and marshal the talents of a diverse staff, while fostering a team environment and good morale.
With the assistance of the DOP, the ADASP is expected to assume a posture of learning all aspects of the growing organization including: program research and development, budgeting, fiscal management, strategic planning, board management, operations, fundraising, communications, and interagency collaboration. This position requires experience in quality improvement; staff supervision; project and budget management; and development of and adherence to agency policies and procedures.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive plan of operations for the ASP.
· Provide support to the DOP on budgetary, development, management, and fundraising activities as required.
· Manage program staff in regards to the coordination and planning of program activities.
· Manage and supervise all programs towards meeting established program goals, standards, funder requirements, and contractual obligations.
· Assist with the development of training materials for program services, and oversee the design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of program products.
· Work closely with the Associate Director of Technical Assistance to ensure ASP alignment with our College Achievement in Reentry Technical Assistance program. Conduct individual and group staff supervision on a regular basis.
· Conduct annual staff evaluations which will be the basis for continuing appointment, salary increases, promotions, etc.
· Recruit and maintain a core of volunteers including mentors, tutor, and crisis intervention counselors.
· Supervise interns.
· Effectively manage HR issues of direct reports through our HR agent.
· Prepare program reports for agency and funding sources, and internal reports for management meetings. Assist with the development of grant proposals and program models.
· Represent the Director and agency in the field, meetings, and workshops as requested.
· Perform additional program support functions as requested.
· Participate in at least 24 hours of staff development activities per year to increase and maintain skill level.
A Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of programs experience. Experience in an educational or social service setting is preferred.
1. The ADASP will have a background working with marginalized populations and have strong knowledge of program management;
2. Interest in becoming well-versed in CCF’s work along with federal, state, and local policies and programs affecting reentry populations;
3. Self-motivated and willing to take initiative and address challenges creatively;
4. Ability to multi-task and complete high pressure assignments correctly and in a timely manner;
5. Exemplary written and oral communications skills;
6. Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and organizational skills are required;
7. Ability to work well with all levels of internal and external management and staff;
8. Willingness to work/travel some evenings and weekends;
9. Willingness to be in the field;
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality and accuracy of student records as appropriate;
11. Ability to work under deadline, with changing priorities;
12. Ability to respond calmly to emergencies and to fashion solutions to student, administrative, or technical problems; and to seek assistance when needed;
13. Ability to write clearly and produce/edit accurate, well-organized, and understandable reports;
14. Knowledge of major computer software, or software of equivalent complexity, used in the learning/counseling environment or in technical support of a project;
15. Ability to listen and respond to the concerns/ideas of others; and
16. Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
Comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English; Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Director of Programs, Maria Santangelo, with cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.