The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, and experienced development professional to be its first Major Gifts Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, award-winning organization and help contribute to the financial sustainability of an iconic and nationally renowned public space.
S/he will work closely with the Chief Development Officer to oversee the significant growth of individual giving, with primary responsibility for identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and developing solicitation strategy.
● Grow engagement and major giving support from individuals
o Working with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), set short- and long-term major gift strategies and establish metrics for individual giving.
o Identify and create opportunities and events for cultivation, stewardship and engagement. Create prospect briefings and appropriate collateral materials.
o Manage a portfolio of 150-175 individual major gift and leadership-level major gift donors and prospects.
o Work closely and collaboratively with the Manager of Membership and Annual Fund to build the pipeline of major gift prospects.
o Manage prospect tracking and moves management strategy for Executive Director (ED), Chief Development Officer (CDO), Development Committee members, and select Board members. Provide coordination and support for the ED’s and CDO’s donor/prospect activities including identifying priorities for engagement. Oversee the screening of donors and prospects and the establishment of a prospect rating protocol.
● Contribute to Development Department success
o With support from the Development Associate, draft and edit donor correspondence, solicitations, acknowledgments, and commitment letters.
o Staff departmental events including the annual Greenway Gala, “Glow in the Park” (young professionals event), and others, as appropriate.
o Working with the CDO, staff the Development Committee.
o Build strong relationships with the Conservancy’s staff and Board members and assist in strengthening the organization’s “culture of philanthropy.”
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
● Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible Development/Fundraising experience required.
● Solid history of working with high net worth individuals, major gift donors, and high-level volunteers.
● Proven experience in soliciting and closing 5-, 6-, and 7-figure gifts.
● Demonstrated skill in:
o oral and written communication
o working collaboratively and independently
o strategic and tactical thinking
o using donor databases (eTapestry a plus), for generating and analyzing reports
● Results-focused. Detail-oriented. Positive attitude. High-energy. Sense of humor. Calm under pressure.
● Commitment to the mission of the Greenway Conservancy.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
● Please email one-page cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: email@example.com with job title in the subject line. Each file name should begin with applicant’s last name.
● No phone calls, please