Everyone deserves to be safe--that’s why we’re here.
Founded by a group of volunteers nearly 20 years ago, JCADA is dedicated to empowering victims and survivors of power-based violence to build healthy futures for themselves and their families through our mission to support, educate, and prevent. Since its founding, JCADA has assisted over 2,600 individuals through its free and confidential helpline and provided individual counseling to more than 1,000 victims and survivors of power-based violence. Since 2009, JCADA’s AWARE® initiative has hosted over 300 workshops and trainings, educating nearly 10,000 teens, more than 400 parents, and 1,300 educators in dating violence prevention.
This is a high-profile leadership opportunity for an Executive Director (ED) who reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors. The ED will bring the strategic vision and collaborative partnership approach needed to enable the organization to continue to excel in its mission to stop the cycle of power-based violence and abuse in our community. The ideal candidate will have polished communication and presentation skills, so that they may be an articulate and passionate ambassador and revenue generator for the organization in a broad range of settings to diverse audiences. The ED will oversee a high performing team of 15, all experts in power-based violence.
JCADA currently has an operating budget of $1.2 million and has seen tremendous growth over the past five years. Sources of its support are from a strong base of individuals, private foundations, and government grants.
The Executive Director must have a demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to issues of power-based violence and victim services, as well as trauma-informed services and a trauma-informed work environment. The ideal candidate will be a successful front-line fundraiser with an understanding of fundraising strategies and performance metrics. Successful executive leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit organization is required.
- Genuine passion for JCADA, its mission, and vision.
- Experience working effectively with a diverse board and senior leadership to establish strategies and tactics to achieve complex goals.
- Charismatic and inspiring communicator and presenter who is able to articulate JCADA’s mission and values to a broad range of constituents.
- History of working effectively with stakeholders, non-profit organizations, donors, and staff.
- Strategic thinker capable of forecasting short- and long-term objectives.
- Well-honed relationship-building skills.
- Deep understanding of non-profit finances.
- Collegial, collaborative leader and consensus builder.
- Willing to experiment, take risks, and challenge existing norms to build a more dynamic, impactful, and sustainable organization.
- Success building, leading, motivating, and mentoring a professional team.
- Creative and entrepreneurial; curiosity and humility.
- Result-driven, comfortable with metrics and measuring outcomes.
- A genuine, warm, open and engaging style.
- Ability and willingness to participate in evening/weekend events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Work, PowerPoint, and Excel, with the ability to learn additional required organizational software.
Minimum Education Required