16 Hurd Road
Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Director, North America Project
Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: Immediately
As a member of program’s Operations/Administration team, this Program Assistant provides administrative support for several key organization-wide program activities.
Responsibilities include support for the following projects and initiatives:
● Partner Schools Network, a cohort of model schools that embrace Facing History’s core themes as foundational to their mission;
● North America Project, providing professional development and support to teachers, schools, and districts outside of our regional offices;
● Facing History’s presence at national conferences and other key events;
Specific responsibilities include:
● Provide administrative and logistical support and coordination for program events, including workshops and seminars offered in cities around the country through the North America Project; the biannual Partner Schools Network conference; Facing History’s participation in national and regional educational conferences; and local events as requested.
● Maintain and reconcile contact and event information in Salesforce for a variety of projects and programs, running reports as requested.
● Provide travel, lodging, logistical and expense support for Program Associates assigned to North America Project events.
● Provide support for organizational and regional RFP responses.
● Track expenses against budgets for a number of projects.
● Work in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Department on the development of basic North America- related marketing and communications materials
● Provide assistance for Facing History’s Educator Support function.
● Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Essential skills and qualities:
Successful candidates will have excellent organizational, communication, and management skills as well as good writing and editing skills. Candidates should already have proven ability to create effective systems for managing multiple projects. Candidates should be self-starters and enjoy working as a valued member on a team.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at careers.facinghistory.org. Job posted until filled.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Minimum Education Required