Details: Commensurate with experience.
841 California Avenue
Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Pittsburgh United is a coalition of community, labor, faith, and environmental organizations committed to building a community and economy that works for all people. The Operations Manager will be responsible for all administrative systems and projects that ensure effective and efficient financial and programmatic operations of the organization across multipleoffices in Western PA.
The Operations Manager will be part of a team that works together closely to accomplish the mission and goals of the organization, especially advancing social and economic justice in Pittsburgh and Western PA. The ideal candidate is an extraordinarily organized, process- and solutions-oriented person who shares the values of the organization.
Previous experience as an operations or administrative manager or executive assistant is necessary for this position.
Scope of Responsibility
The Operations Manager has four key responsibilities: 1) To impeccably manage all financial aspects of the organization; 2) To establish and maintain administrative processes; 3) To take on special projects that ensure smooth campaign and organizational operations; 4) To support the Executive Director, as needed, especially with development work.
Essential Duties and Activities:
It is expected that the Operations Manager will spend approximately 50% of time on Financial Management, and 50% of time on other job functions.
- Financial Management: Daily management of all financial functions including, but not limited to: All bookkeeping and reporting in Quickbooks for Pittsburgh United (501c3) and our affiliate organization PA United (501c4); Management of cost-sharing agreement with PA United; Maintenance of physical files; Training and supporting staff on reimbursement and expense procedures; Paying bills and working with vendors; Handling deposits; Taking an active leadership role in budgeting; Administering grants and contracts; Working with ED and Auditor to accomplish audits and tax filings; Working with ED and Board Finance Committee to ensure mission alignment, transparency and accountability in financial practices.
- Administration: Ensure that all campaign and organizational operations run smoothly including, but not limited to: Supporting meeting and special event planning; Answering the phone and greeting guests; Maintaining all digital and physical files; Handling administrative human resources functions; Ordering supplies or addressing other needs across 3-4 office locations; Handling all travel needs for staff.
- Executive Support: Support the ED with board and other meeting preparation, development followup, occasional scheduling, and event prep, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
A strong candidate will:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of experience, five (5) or more preferred, in office management and bookkeeping, preferably in a non-profit context. Familiarity with 501c3 and 501c4 tax and election law compliance a plus
- Have expertise in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Drive, and knowledge or facility with cloud-based CRM and database programs such as Salsa, EveryAction, or similar
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires flexibility, prioritization, and initiative
- Possess strong communication skills (verbal and written), be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple task
- Ability to receive and integrate performance based feedback into ongoing work plans as well as the ability to provide relevant and timely feedback to peers in a constructive manner
- Commitment to understand race, class, gender, and other equity issues as part of your work as well as the impact these structural issues have on our collective work environment
- Belief in and commitment to progressive social, racial, and economic justice
- PA Drivers License and use of a vehicle preferred
The work schedule for a typical week will be 9 to 5, but may include occasional evening and weekend meetings and events, as necessary. Travel is not typical for this position.
The Operations Manager is a full-time exempt position. Salary range is $45,000-$55,000 (commensurate with experience) with a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
Position available immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Operations Manager Application
Pittsburgh United is an affirmative action employer. Women, LGBTQIA people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pittsburgh United strives to advance social and economic justice in the Pittsburgh region ensuring that working families and low and moderate-income communities share in the prosperity generated by economic growth and development.
We promote strategies that will build healthy and sustainable communities, raise standards for low wage workers, and forge a fair economy for all. We use innovative community organizing, research, advocacy and communications methods to win progressive policy and organizing campaigns.
Who We Are and What We Do
Pittsburgh United is a coalition of community, labor, faith, and environmental organizations committed to advancing the vision of a community and economy that work for all people. Our past and current campaigns have positioned us to forward an organizing strategy and progressive policy agenda around economic development, and make that vision a reality.
We aspire to create a new social contract, whereby all workers are able to care for themselves and raise their families, sharing in the prosperity generated by economic growth and development. Through our campaigns, we are developing organizing, education, advocacy, and communications strategies to fight and win progressive policy campaigns that ensure sustainable communities, raise standards for low-wage workers and harness economic development and public investment for community benefit.
Generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required