Friends of Firefighters is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing mental health and wellness services to FDNY firefighters and their families.
We are seeking a bookkeeper to join our team. This is a part-time position of approximately 5 hours per week.
- Pay bills (issue checks, make online payments)
- Manage accounts (2 bank accounts, 1 credit card, PayPal, NFG, Stripe, BlackBaud, Facebook)
- Reconcile bank transactions on a monthly basis
- Create proper coding and classification in Quickbooks
- Checking the coding of transactions to ensure they have been coded to the correct accounts
- Processing payroll (outsourced to ADP), paying or confirming payment of payroll taxes, and filing/processing payroll tax returns for employees
- Preparing, mailing and filing Form 1099s for independent contractors
- Prepare reports such as Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet
- Help to interpret the reports and tell the story behind the numbers (on the P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Prepare a budget and monitor performance against the budget
- Prepare a cash-flow forecast to help plan cash inflows / outflows in the future
- Proficient in Quickbooks (online version)
- Knowledgeable in BlackBaud Raiser’s Edge
- Experience in non-profit management