Details: competitive salary & benefits based on experience
Nest Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ending all forms of child sexual exploitation and trafficking and our work has evolved from the documentary film PLAYGROUND (Produced by George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Abby Disney, Steven Soderbergh, and Lauren Embrey). Nest currently focuses on developing and teaching strengths-based sexual violence prevention materials to youth and the adults in their lives. We are seeking a creative, highly experienced, and Grant Writer/Development Director that can help strategize about, identify, and respond to funding opportunities to help us expand our work. We are a national organization and our office is headquartered in Los Angeles.
We are seeking someone who is available full-time, is exceptionally organized, can demonstrate success and has excellent skills in strategy, writing, and finance. A love of budgets is a plus. Though our office is in Los Angeles our programs are national so we will consider applicants working remotely.
The ideal candidate thrives in a relaxed environment with high standards, isn’t afraid of wearing multiple hats, loves to innovate, can work independently, and believes in our mission of creating holistic and empowering resources that address the sexual violence and exploitation of children in America.
The Grant Writer/Development Director will be responsible for transforming Nest’s approach to fundraising, including the development of new pathways to funding such as corporate sponsorship and support. This team member will also upgrade our existing fundraising infrastructure and strategy for foundations, individuals, and crowdfunding campaigns.
The full time position is an essential team member to Nest during a time of tremendous growth. We are looking for someone who thinks outside the box, can work independently and sometimes alone (when key team members travel to school sites), and is energized for success.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute annual fundraising strategy and calendar/plan.
- Seek and secure new sources of funding, including individuals, foundations, brands/corporations, and crowdfunding.
- Create templates, workflows, and systems to maximize efficiency.
- Help innovate resource tracking/management systems when needed.
Prospecting & Writing
- Conduct prospect research, including phone calls, to identify, cultivate and solicit new sources of funding.
- Conduct issue/background research to strengthen applications and fundraising assets.
- Write high-quality proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Develop fundraising materials as needed.
- Create decks and documents for corporate support and sponsor outreach, etc..
- Work with Executive Director to compile financials; develop budget summaries for funding applications.
- Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Oversee donor relations; Manage a portfolio of existing funders and new prospects.
- Create recognition opportunities at the organization for funders.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Ensure gift processing and information related to funding is captured in databases.
- Track grant administration.
- Work with Director of Programs to identify and import relevant reporting data.
- Develop compelling reports; team member will have design support.
Crowdfunding Campaigns & Events
- Develop and execute End of Year fundraising campaigns, other crowdfunding campaigns, and collaborate with team members on fundraising effectively at Nest events.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in research, grant writing and fund development.
- Nonprofit experience is a plus, Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strategic with strong project management skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines while delivering a high quality product.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- High proficiency in Google Drive (emphasis on docs, sheets, and slides), Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Mac equivalents)
- Budgeting experience and accuracy.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including editing and presentation (written and oral).
- Confidence and experience with cold calls/phone calls.
- Experience with everyaction and/or other CRM/databases a plus.
- Proven fundraising, grant writing success is essential.
- Self directed individual who takes initiative, is creative, and not afraid to think outside the box.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Positive and happy demeanor ability to work with others.
- Competitive compensation and benefits; depends on experience:
- Grant Writing: 3 years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Full time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
- Please include an informative (i.e., not a stock) cover letter and your resume that includes a list of your recent grant awards with donors’ names.
- Send your application with the subject line 2018 Nest Development Director to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No consideration without cover letter and resume.
- Please note that we may request up to 3 references, including direct reports.