Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE) drives campaigns that seek to win structural change by directly taking on the financial elite responsible for pillaging communities of color and working class communities and harming our environment. Through partnerships with organizations involved in local racial, economic, environmental and educational justice campaigns, we provide strategic campaign coordination and campaign infrastructure with an explicit racial justice analysis.
The Digital Organizer will develop and execute strategies to engage allies and the broader public through email, social media, websites, and other digital platforms. The Digital Organizer will report to the Campaign Director and work closely with other ACRE staff and with partner organizations
• Provide conceptual advice and programmatic leadership to the development and launch of a digital organizing program
• Design and conduct, in coordination with existing staff, web-based advocacy, social media, mobile, distributed organizing, and online-to-offline integration of activists and allies
• Run an online advertising program that reaches a targeted base of people and moves them into deeper online engagement and offline connections. This includes running ongoing Facebook ads with testing and optimization
• Develop and execute high impact, innovative social media, and online campaigns
• Write, edit, produce, and disseminate original digital content, including emails, website pages, and social media posts to engage and mobilize supporters to take action using content management systems and email programs
• Plan communications to multiple target audiences with distinct engagement goals, and manage email lists and databases
• Track and learn from data analytics on the performance of online campaigns and content
• Work with vendors, consultants and contractors as needed
• Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations to support priorities
• A strong commitment to progressive social change and racial justice, a familiarity with the issues that are central to ACRE’s work and a passion for ACRE’s vision and mission
• A minimum two years of experience in the digital communications field, preferably with an emphasis on digital organizing
• Online and offline organizing to advance corporate accountability campaigns and civic engagement programs
• Professional experience developing and producing digital strategy and content for an advocacy, political, or issue campaign; familiarity with a range of online campaigning tools and tactics
• Experience with e-CRMs (such as Action Network and Salsa) is required
• Knowledge of trends of digital organizing, and of best practices for communicating via email, Facebook, and Twitter
• Experience in WordPress, Drupal (or similar CMSs), blog platforms (such as Tumblr and Medium) and social networking tools (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat)
• Exceptional writing skills with experience in creative, compelling prose that can move people to take action
• Experience with reporting on online metrics
· Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, with light supervision
· Demonstrated experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and write, edit, and manage distribution of communications quickly
• Demonstrated commitment to community and/or labor organizing and experience working with women and communities of color for social change
• Willingness to work long and irregular hours and travel as needed
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments
· A good sense of humor
Optional Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design software is preferred.
• Photography and video editing skills strongly preferred
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Google Analytics is preferred
LGBTQ, women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
Position includes excellent benefits.
Minimum Education Required