Details: Commensurate with experience
District of Columbia
ACS has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of Chapters to help manage a growing national network of over 40 lawyer chapters and almost 200 law student chapters in cities across the country, and support the overall work of the Department of Network Advancement. The ideal candidate could be based in Washington, DC or could work remotely from a location other than Chicago, Houston, Knoxville, Los Angeles, or New York where ACS currently has chapters staff.
The Assistant Director of Chapters will assist in:
- Managing the existing network of ACS lawyer chapters across the country and strategic expansion of ACS lawyer chapters in new cities and states;
- Managing and strengthening the existing network of ACS student chapters across the country;
- Building a vibrant, diverse, active and cohesive network for members at all stages of their careers;
- Facilitating programming for chapters;
- Approving and handling funding for chapter events;
- Implementing the division’s budget and strategic priorities;
- Integrating chapter activities and chapter members into ACS’s various substantive initiatives;
- Developing and planning signature events to raise money and to raise ACS’s profile and broaden its impact in key legal markets around the country;
- Facilitating outreach to chapter members and outside organizations;
- Working to ensure career-long engagement of recent law school graduates and law students with the ACS network;
- Coordinating the participation of network members with ACS special projects and career opportunities; and
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time within the overall department.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- Campaign or other organizing experience
- Would do anything for a networking opportunity (loves it, loves it, loves it!)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to absorb information about several moving parts
- Works equally well with millennials, law students, new and seasoned lawyers, scholars, judges and public officials
- Event planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Thrives in an outcome-driven work culture
- Performs well in a team environment, but can also consistently accomplish tasks independently
- Knowledge of current legal and public policy issues
- Some travel for meetings and events is required
- JD and 1+ years of post-law school experience
- Social media, HTML and Excel experience are a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience. ACS values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ACS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability and veteran status. Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, & list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance. Paid Holiday & Vacation Leave.
Minimum Education Required