This position will provide critical administrative support to the internal operations and outreach activities of PPIC’s research operations team and the Water Policy Center (WPC). This will include scheduling internal and external meetings, providing support for briefings, public events, and other engagements, and contribution to database support. Responsibilities will include collaboration on projects with members of the president's office, communications, finance & administration, government affairs, and with research staff in San Francisco and Sacramento. The position reports jointly to PPIC’s Research Operations Manager and the Associate Center Director of the WPC.
- Provide general administrative support for PPIC’s research operations team and the WPC
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Provide logistics and planning support for meetings, events, and center activities
- Manage schedules and work plans for research staff and projects
- Assist with expense reporting and tracking, arrange travel for meetings, handle catering arrangements
- Create and maintain databases and mailing lists through Salesforce
- Handle general inquiries
- As part of PPIC’s organization-wide support team, contribute to the preparation, staffing and wrap-up of institutional events and initiatives
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Participate in selected institute committees and working groups
- Occasional travel to PPIC’s Sacramento Center and other locations throughout California
Flexibility, organization, and the ability to work well with others will be important attributes for success in this position.
- At least one year of similar administrative experience involving senior management and event management
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional skills in customer service, follow-through, and project status communication
- Ability to work individually and as a team member, to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to occasionally travel to PPIC’s Sacramento Center and to other California locations to participate in and to provide support at meetings and public events
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Experience working at a research center, foundation, government, or in a university setting is desirable
- Understanding of and support for the institute’s mission and values is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience is desirable
PPIC values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our staff, and key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with the institute’s mission, values, and goals.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be considered as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Please tailor your cover letter to highlight how your credentials meet the qualifications listed above. Submit your cover letter as a text document in the field provided, and include your resume as an attachment to the application.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, PPIC is committed to excellence through diversity. We encourage women and members of minority groups to apply. AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.