Assists in the operation of a summer camp program for children residing in a transitional domestic violence shelter.
- Assists in the daily operation of the summer camp program.
- Facilitates summer camp activities to include educational enrichment, physical fitness, social and other recreational activities.
- Assists in planning and implementing educational and recreational activities for school-age children during the summer.
- Assists in planning field trips and encouraging participation.
- Accompanies and supervises summer camp children on field trips.
- Assists with registration of children in the summer camp program.
- Assists in providing necessary paperwork (i.e., flyers and memos about summer camp activities
- Maintains the confidentiality of residents, staff members and the operation of the facility, as mandated by state and federal laws
- In case of fire emergency, helps evacuate children in the summer camp program
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special project as directed.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred but not required
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
Minimum Education Required