Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a talented and collaborative Director Experience Improvement. This position reports to the National Director of the Planned Parenthood Experience (PPX) department within the Health Care Division of PPFA. The Planned Parenthood Experience Department supports the organizational mission to provide care, no matter what, by directly supporting 49 affiliated organizations in providing exceptional experiences for patients and employees.
- The Director Experience Improvement will report directly to the National Director Planned Parenthood Experience. Through demonstrated subject matter expertise and in collaboration with national office colleagues, this individual will directly support affiliated organizations in attaining and exceeding performance goals defined by the Affiliate Chief Executive Council (ACEC) for Employee Experience metrics. This role will provide direct consultative and advisory support to affiliate senior leadership and affiliate workgroups to address opportunities for improvement indicated by employee survey data. This role will also be responsible for sustaining existing programs, collecting scalable best practices, identifying emerging innovations, and collaborating with the PPX team to guide integrated improvement efforts to ensure exceptional experiences for staff and patients.
- Use performance data to design interventions that address opportunities for improvement
- Leverage continuous improvement methodologies (i.e. LEAN) to hardwire ongoing, integrated improvement efforts at affiliates
- Proactively integrate and operationalize frameworks to advance race equity and health equity
- Consult and advise affiliate senior leaders on strategies and tactics to improve Employee Experience
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert to affiliate partners and affiliate facing initiatives and programs to support Employee Experience
- Facilitate webinars, presentations, meetings of improvement cohorts, and focus groups
- Collaboratively develop and deliver tools and resources for leaders, managers, and workplace culture influencers
- Periodically review and revise existing resources to leverage emerging innovations
- Serves as an organizational culture influencer by actively fostering an inclusive work environment and exemplifying our workplace values and service standards
- Collaborates with other national office departments to implement cross-departmental programs and initiatives for affiliate leaders and staff
- Builds and maintains relationships with affiliate partners, national office staff, and other stakeholders at various organizational levels to improve the experience of employees across the federation
- Identifies and addresses implementation needs of affiliates to promote ongoing sustainability of best practices
- Represents the PPX team as a subject matter expert in employee experience and continuous improvement
- Supports development of crisis communications guidance for internal employee-facing messaging on behalf of affiliate leadership
- Participates and collaborates in PPX department-focused projects and priorities, proactively operationalizes and integrates frameworks to advance race equity and health equity, and works to deliver on the department’s strategic vision
- Demonstrates accountability to collaboratively defined fiscal year goals and objective key results in support of the federation-wide long-range strategic goals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Subject matter expertise in evidence-based best practices for talent management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Ability to influence and persuade key stakeholders on Employee Experience as a strategic priority
- Ability to consult and advise diverse stakeholder groups, from frontline clinical staff to executive leaders
- Talent for identifying opportunities and matching them to appropriate solutions
- Position requires adept client relationship management focused on building trust and rapport through collaborative development of high-quality deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects, facilitate collaboration, and foster inclusion and belonging while working toward clearly defined goals and deliverables
- Ability to pivot and adapt based on changes in business priority, client needs, and the environment
- Strong public speaking and group facilitation skills paired with the ability to engage and interact with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong professional writing skills with the ability to adapt tone and align narratives to exemplify the organizational culture and workplace values
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias in healthcare and the ability to apply and embed equity into the PPX work
- Intermediate skill using technology and software to develop program content and connect end-users with valuable information (word processing and presentation software, video conferencing, etc.)
Starting Salary: 110k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer