Details: Commensurate with experience.
District of Columbia
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to work within the Communications team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: Climate Reality is seeking a highly-motivated, self-starting individual to manage our email marketing and digital fundraising programs. This opportunity is perfect for an enthusiastic digital fundraiser and marketer who is excited about the prospect of stepping up to build and design lead nurture programs, a world class digital fundraising program, and outbound marketing campaigns to drive campaign action. Not to mention, you’re working with a talented team to solve one of the most important issues of our time: climate change.
The ideal candidate is detail orientated, highly analytical, extremely data driven and strives to continuously raise the bar. They must understand marketing databases and love tinkering with marketing software, coming up with clever ideas, and enjoy exploring new and smarter ways to engage our supporters and help Climate Reality reach its digital fundraising goals. This is a fantastic opportunity for an excellent writer who brings past experience in fundraising and email marketing and who is excited about growing a successful program.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in the Washington DC office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directing, supporting and executing all aspects of email campaign execution in collaboration with internal teams.
- Leading the organization’s multichannel low-dollar giving, sustainer, and premium fundraising campaigns, to include the year-end digital campaign, as well as creating initiatives to understand, develop strategies for, and target priority audiences.
- Managing a digital fundraising coordinator.
- Managing an outside vendor on fundraising strategy and campaign execution.
- Owning and optimizing drip and nurturing programs and supporting all aspects of campaign execution including tactical tasks associated with designing and building landing pages, forms creation, and testing protocol.
- Contributing to building email strategy and email asset design for large marketing campaigns. Collaborating with internal team members to develop high-performing creative assets.
- Supervising the audience database, including managing audience and donor segmentation and launching a first-ever lead scoring initiative to improve supporter engagement and conversions on organizational priorities.
- Overseeing regular testing of each point in engagement and donation funnels, including email content/templates, landing pages, homepage promotions, and messaging streams to ensure optimal performance by recognizing and adjusting to trends in audience behaviors.
- Creating and maintaining a marketing reporting dashboard to continuously refine and improve supporter engagement efforts that support data-driven marketing decisions.
- Distilling data from analytics and implementing improvements for lead generation programs. Regular tracking of email marketing and donor performance. Continually monitoring, analyzing, and fine-tuning campaigns to maximize ROI.
- Supporting the Communications team with projects that contribute to the department’s overall goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience strategizing, managing, and executing email marketing.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in professional digital fundraising and digital fundraising platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Experience with common CRM systems and automation, such as Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Salsa, Active Campaign, Pardot, or similar.
- Familiarity with payment processors like Stripe or PayFlow Pro.
- Deep understanding of email best practices, including deliverability, CAN-SPAM, segmentation, supporter lifecycles, drip/triggered messages and using email testing and rendering tools.
- Talent for writing and editing compelling email, web and social media copy.
- Familiarity of cross-channel marketing, social media marketing, SEO, and SEM.
- Excellent project management, time management, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- High attention-to-detail, organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Experience with Marketo.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Past management experience a plus.
- Familiarity working with Drupal 7.
- Graphic design experience or interest in learning graphic design.
- Interest in advocacy work and solving environmental issues.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) and company match, transit subsidy and mobile phone reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include the job title and a recent writing sample or link to your portfolio along with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.