150 West 34th Street
Come Join Us!! As we celebrate a Decade of Empowerment this year, we are seeking a Development Manager/Grant Writer to join our Development Team to help us raise funds that support the work, mission and institutional fundraising goals of Grameen America. Reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Giving and Strategic Initiatives, the primary role of this position is to help manage and expand Grameen America’s active portfolio of over 120 institutional donors, including private and corporate foundations. This position requires exceptional writing and project management skills, ability to learn quickly on the job, and strong interpersonal skills for working with funders and administrative and program staff. The candidate should possess the ability to manage projects independently, set priorities, and take initiative as well as work as part of a cohesive development team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals, reports, letters, and budgets for funders in a timely and professional manner.
- Support financial aspects of grants management, including budget proposals; budget modifications, including reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Manage prospect research to support Grameen America’s wide array of funding needs and develop creative funder outreach strategies.
- Assist in institutional funder cultivation and stewardship, including the scheduling of meetings, preparation of compelling correspondence (briefings, presentations, etc.), and active participation in donor appreciation activities, site visits, and events.
- Develop expertise on existing donors, prospects and how to communicate our work to supporters
- Develop and update language for applications and proposals on Grameen America’s program and current market trends.
- Maintain an accurate grants calendar, tracking grant deliverables and timelines.
- Work in conjunction with our Development Assistant to ensure that institutional gifts and activities are properly entered in our Salesforce database.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the fundraising department and work with the team to execute our goals.
- Perform other special projects as needed.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of grant writing and development experience.
- Strong writing skills with particular strength in relaying information in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to interact with stakeholders.
- Experience and ability to take the lead on successful team projects.
- Strong research skills, preferably with funders using tools like Foundation Directory and LinkedIn.
- Ability to learn quickly on the job and synthesize complex themes in writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and perform under deadlines and changing schedules.
- Must be self-motivated and able to initiate projects and ideas.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
- Salesforce or fundraising database experience required, advanced knowledge of Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic worker with a commitment to the values of the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office especially on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Formatting and grammar nerds preferred!
Grameen America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter that includes salary requirements and your resume. In the subject line of the email please state "Development Manager". Only qualified applicants will be contacted.