Details: £18,000 per annum (pro rata)
Speaker and Facilitator
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
WE seeks a dynamic Speaker and Facilitator to represent our organisation by delivering inspirational and motivational speeches and workshops to a variety of young audiences, engaging them in action for both local and global change. The role resides in the WE Schools department, which implements unique programmes to engage young people in schools across the UK in learning about social issues, developing skills and taking action both locally and globally. In addition, we seek to engage schools in supporting WE Charity’s sustainable community development work overseas, WE Villages.
This Speaker and Facilitator will be working with schools throughout Northern Ireland and Wales and further afield when necessary. The position will combine onsite visits to schools with remote working from home and a visit to the UK headquarters in London once a month. The role necessitates a prior and good knowledge of the UK school and education systems and ideally the candidate will be based in either Northern Ireland or Wales.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organisation.
This position reports directly to the WE Schools Manager of Speakers & Facilitators.
The salary is £18,000 pro rata.
This is a nine (9) month contract with a three (3) month probationary period and a start date of September 2018.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check (previously referred to as CRB check).
Your Impacts (Responsibilities):
Speaking and Facilitating
- Develop and deliver inspirational speeches making use of multimedia resources to engage young people of all ages - as well as teachers and other adults – to foster further involvement with WE
- Deliver dynamic and interactive workshops to a variety of young people of varying ages and learning abilities to inspire them to develop Action Plans for both local and global change initiatives
- Inspire young people to develop a project to take action on a social issue, i.e. homelessness, bullying, global poverty
- Modify speech and workshop content to suit a variety of age groups, learning and behavioural needs and special requests from schools
- Engage with schools with the aim to secure them as participants in the WE Schools programme
- Stay abreast of current news and affairs, social issues, particularly those affecting young people, and any changes made to the education system
- Work to targets, ensuring key deliverables and KPIs are achieved as a result of frontline speech and workshop delivery
- Ensure key messaging of both WE and our funding partners is consistent and accurately portrayed
- Serve as an ambassador for the organisation with the mission of leaving an exceptional perception of our organisation and staff
Coordinating School Visits and Logistics
- Coordinate and complete diverse administrative tasks relating to school visits and outreach activities
- Take individual responsibility for planning and booking travel and overnight accommodation for school visits, including frequent and ongoing solo visits to schools, often outside of normal office hours
- Monitor and track expenses incurred as part of the above travel periods
- Complete reports after each visit with our organisation’s and funders’ aims in mind
Reporting and Relationships
- The Speaker and Facilitator will report directly to the WE Schools Manager of Speakers and Facilitators. They will work closely with the wider team to ensure effective delivery and implementation of the WE Schools programme to achieve desired results
What you bring: (Skills & Qualifications)
- Relevant professional work experience
- Highly self-motivated, a problem solver, solution focused and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Sales-oriented mindset, motivated by goals and experience meeting and surpassing targets
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Passion for social justice and a demonstrated ability to engage others in a compelling fashion
- Sound knowledge of social issues affecting young people across the UK
- Experience of public speaking and facilitation
- Experience mentoring, coaching or working with young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Dependable and able to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for individual actions and honour commitments
- Proficient use of MS Office programmes and experience with database management (preferably Salesforce)
- Good understanding of the UK school and education system
- Ability to work remotely efficiently and effectively
- Willingness to travel within Northern Ireland, Wales and the wider UK
- Understanding of active citizenship, civic engagement and a passion for social justice issues
- Experience researching and preparing speeches and presentations
- Experience of delivering high quality interactive workshops to groups of young people
Closing Date: Applications are reviewed as and when they are received so the post may be filled before the advertised closing date.
If invited for an interview, please note our interview process is multi-staged and will involve interviewing once with the Head of People Operations UK and have a second interview with the WE Schools Manager of Speakers & Facilitators and the Director of WE Schools.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
If you have any access requirements, please notify us in advance and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organisations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Employer-provided health and dental benefits
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave pro rata + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Birthday’s off!
- The opportunity to attend WE Day, our flagship event
- Staff trip to Kenya, India and Ecuador with all costs on the ground covered by the organisation
Minimum Education Required