Send a cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Clinton Charlot, Director of Finance
Covenant House New Orleans
611 N. Rampart Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
via email: ccharlot @covenanthouse.org
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS (FIRM)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES - FULL TIME
- Initiate and maintain positive, professional, and mentoring relationships with youth and staff in accordance with the Covenant House Mission, Principles, and Core Values.
- Promote a peaceful, healing environment by utilizing the principles and practices of trauma-informed care and positive youth development in all aspects of work and youth engagement, including crisis prevention, intervention, and de-escalation.
- Ensure that Covenant House New Orleans (CHNO) is a welcoming, safe, and secure “homelike” environment for youth receiving services.
- Maintain accurate account of all allowable grant costs including any matching requirements, in accordance with federal guidelines (i.e., OMB circulars, A-133, 122, etc.).
- Maintain an accurate account of temporarily restricted gifts, including the release of restrictions in accordance with FASB standards (i.e. 116 and 117).
- Compile, record, and generate monthly and/or quarterly journal entries through general ledger templates and/or interfacing methods (e.g., download spreadsheets).
- Generate detail monthly and/or YTD budget variance reports on allowable private and public grant costs, as required (monthly and quarterly and annual expenditure reports).
- Periodically review cost allocation and time and effort supporting documentation of grant funded expenditures, including grant time and activity records.
- Prepare timely billings and/or cost reimbursement reports to funding sources (i.e., donors, HUD, UNITY of Greater New Orleans, City of N.O., FEMA via United Way, DOE, etc.) with appropriate supporting documentation (i.e., budget-to-actual analyses, monthly invoices, list of transactions, salary analyses, HUD – LOCCS-VRS payment voucher requests).
- Monitor agency’s compliance with all contracts entered, including private foundations, UNITY, HUD, DOE, and City of N.O. (i.e., scope of services, performance standards, Section 3 Plan, timely fiscal reporting, budget revisions, and general ledger maintenance).
- Assist with the preparation of Quarter and Annual Progress Reports (APR’s), for both HUD (direct) and UNITY (pass-through) grant agreements.
- Maintain a tickler file system on all government grants and contracts (i.e., fiscal reporting due dates, proposal and application submission dates, and cash draw-down schedules).
- Maintain an accurate record the grant personnel departmental allocation grid.
- Submit budget proposals/revisions associated with grant renewals and RFP’s.
- Maintain an effective level of communication with management, as well as all grantors.
- Perform other duties, as assigned (i.e., maintain White Dove Landscape invoice processing/collections in QuickBooks, grant reimbursement bank deposit transmittals, etc.).
- Assist other Finance staff with custodial duties of in-house Covenant House Youth Bank Accounts (CYBA).
- Assist in the review, analysis and preparation of journal entries associated with bus tokens distributed, petty cash and employee business expense reports.
- Assist in the analysis and recording of Board designated reserves investment account earnings.
- Assist in the quarterly preparation of the temporarily restricted net assets schedule.
- Attend all trainings (unless specifically excused by supervisor), and commit to continuous professional development and integration of training and tools into individualized tasks and responsibilities.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum requirements include degree in accounting and two (2) years of experience in general and/or grant accounting (preferably with a not-for-profit organization).
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective positive relationships with youth, staff, management and outside contacts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint