800 South Claremont Street
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated professional to join our team as Self Sufficiency Program Case Manager. Individuals considered for this position will demonstrate talent for empowering clients with dependents through the holistic approach to social work practice and be able to convey passion for the work of the agency in both oral and written formats. Equally important, this position requires previous case management experience helping low income families achieve financial, educational, and professional goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SSP Case Manager will work closely with the SSP Director, SSP staff, and HIP Housing Property Management team. This person will be responsible for providing support services to low-income heads of households as they undergo academic and job training that will lead to economic self-reliance.
The right candidate will be organized and have strong communication and writing skills with willingness to work collaboratively with staff and other partnering agencies. In addition, the right candidate will be excellent at creating and implementing case plans to help clients meet targeted goals in order to become self-sufficient. This position requires occasional facilitation of weekend life skills workshop, but also features flexible work-week scheduling.
The Case Manager is responsible for the following activities as well as other tasks necessary to the operation of the agency:
• Meet regularly (usually monthly) with each client for case management, using a compassionate non- judgmental approach that balances emotional support and holding clients accountable to their goals for self-sufficiency.
• Write progress notes and other documentation of services provided in a timely manner.
• Interview potential SSP clients, complete thorough intakes, and write comprehensive narratives to present at Selections Committee Meetings.
• Assess client’s needs and establish a case plan with timeline for achieving specific goals and tasks.
• Connect clients with community resources and make appropriate referrals.
• Address client’s barriers and strengthen coping skills while developing a holistic case plan to address the needs of both parent(s) and children.
• Alternate with other program staff in facilitating the monthly Saturday Life Skills workshops.
• Provide financial coaching to clients in monthly case management meetings, including but not limited to creating a budget, reviewing credit report, and explaining ways to build positive credit and pay off debts.
• Assist Program Director with compiling data for grant reporting, including but not limited to County and private foundation grants.
• Network with other service providers and stay current on community resources.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with HIP Housing Property Management Staff, other affordable housing partners, and current/potential landlords.
• Attend and participate in meetings related to affording housing, SSP, collaborative agency partnerships, etc.
• Masters of Social Work (MSW) or Masters degree in related field preferred
• Two years experience in case management with a diverse low income population.
• Knowledge of community resources in San Mateo County.
• Knowledge of parenting skills, substance abuse, domestic violence, and affordable housing.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with other community agencies.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills.
Reports to: Self Sufficiency Program Director
• Full-time, entry-level, exempt position
• $55,000 depending upon experience
• Excellent benefits package including: PTO, medical, dental, vision and matched pension plan (5%)
• Flexible scheduling
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 7, 2018. Please indicate on subject line Self Sufficiency Case Manager.