The Reach Institute for School Leadership is a non-profit graduate school of education, founded in 2004 with credential programs beginning in 2007. The Reach Institute includes four primary programs:
- An Intern Teacher Credential Program for teachers earning their preliminary credentials through an alternative credentialing pathway;
- A Teacher Induction Program for teachers earning their clear credentials (with a Master’s in Teaching option);
- An Instructional Leadership Academy providing intensive training for emerging instructional leaders, leading to administrative credentials and a Master’s in Educational Leadership; and
- A whole school improvement program to support school leaders in improving instruction in their schools. Partner schools may access a single program or offering, or may implement Reach across the leadership continuum in their schools.
The Reach Intern, Induction, and Administrative programs are accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, and Reach is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Overview of the Position: The Student Services Associate is a full time position. Working closely with the designated Program Coordinator and Associate Director, this individual will provide a variety of student services and administrative support, including, but not limited to fielding candidate and alumni inquiries, providing program support for faculty members and additional administrative support to support the technology and information systems for both candidates and program faculty. Additionally, the Student Services Associate will be an important part of a vibrant and creative staff team helping to develop the organization through our streamlined candidate experiences and operations. This job description reflects assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time.
Student Services and Program Support
- Work closely with Program Coordinator to support program systems
- Work with the Associate Director and Program Coordinator to support the recruitment, admissions and enrollment process for all incoming Reach participants for designated program(s).
- Provide ongoing support for maintaining the student records for Reach participants in the designated program(s).
- Provide ongoing support to candidates in the designated program(s) as it relates to progress reporting, tuition and billing, credential services and other student services as needed.
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the designated Program Coordinator(s) with the administrative needs relating to events, documentation and technology support.
- Assist with data collection designated program(s) to support the annual assessment and evaluation cycle, including but not limited to accreditation and state reporting requirements.
- Work with the designated Program Coordinator(s) and applicable faculty on the update and ongoing maintenance of our online learning management system (Canvas).
- Support the ongoing refinements of accessible text and teaching materials for Reach participants (Study.net, EBSCO, Library World).
- Communicate and support candidates in the completion of state level assessment requirements
- Working knowledge of the program, including entrance requirements, program design, program requirements
- Answer queries from prospective participants
- Provide off site support as needed, including driving to sites and delivery of materials
- Work closely with Associate Director to develop, maintain, and align organization and program systems
- Schedule and provide support for program meetings and conferences including food, travel arrangements and other logistics.
- Provide presentation and document support including basic research, graphics, printing and editing/proofreading.
- Coordinate all aspects of office management the designated program: maintaining program specific calendar, office supplies, filing system, and answering program specific phone calls and emails.
- Assume other administrative duties and projects as needed.
- Work with the Associate Director on the development, implementation, and evaluation of all the technology systems and structures for Reach faculty, staff and participants.
- Work to support the ongoing implementation and maintenance of the database system used as the Student Information System(SonisWeb).
- Oversee the updates, maintenance, and provide troubleshooting of the current Reach technology and equipment for your program.
- Supporting faculty with ongoing technology needs
- Administrative abilities (i.e filing, data entry, correspondence )
- Full range of computer software skills (i.e Apple and Google Apps)
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize and meet changing deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, willing to work independently and with teams
- At least 3 years of administrative experience
- Relevant training and experience
- Knowledge and experience with technology systems and tools (i.e Online Learning Management - Canvas and Student Information System - Sonisweb database)
- Knowledge of cloud-based Google Apps, including Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered in lieu of a BA
- Interest in education and teacher development
- Salary Range: $42,000 - $47,000 annual salary depending on experience
- This is a full time salaried position with benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, chiropractic, acupuncture and paid time off.
- The position is located in the downtown Oakland office and may require additional travel or partner schools as needed
- Priority Application Deadline: June 25, 2018, position open till filled
- This position begins July 9, 2018.
Minimum Education Required