Manager of the Women in Entertainment Mentoring Program
- Job posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles
3150 N. San Fernando Rd.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Position Description: The Manager of the Women in Entertainment (WIE) Mentoring Program
will oversee the planning and execution of all aspects of the program for Big Brothers Big
Sisters of Greater Los Angeles (BBBSLA). S/he will oversee and execute: (1) the recruitment and
competitive application process for potential mentees;
(2) develop targeted recruitment
strategies with school and community partners to ensure cohorts are inclusive and
representative of all populations served;
(3) screen and interview the potential mentors
recruited in partnership with The Hollywood Reporter (THR); (4) develop and maintain
relationships with school partners and liaisons, and liaise with the program partners, namely
THR, as well as Loyola Marymount University (LMU); (5)
develop and maintain strategic
partnerships with universities in the Greater Los Angeles Area to create admission pathways
for program participants;
develop program curriculum to support the successful application
and admission of students into four-year institutions;
(7) provide guidance and intersectional
match support to each mentor-mentee match throughout the WIE program; (8) track
participant progress ensuring that program deliverables are met; (9) collaborate with BBBSLA
staff to provide college and career resources to the mentees throughout the year in
collaboration with the Mayor’s Evolve Initiative; (10) execute associated scholarship program;
(11) support the development of a WIE Alumnae Network in collaboration with the CEO and
; (12) negotiate contracts with consultants and vendors; and (13) coordinate
the logistics of the WIE program execution including but not limited to: transportation
coordination, scheduling of site visits, planning, coordination and execution of eight program
As member of the Senior Team, the WIE Program Manager is also responsible for the following:
(14) participate in bi-weekly senior team and other BBBSLA meetings, and produce
Department Reports; (15) propose, manage and reconcile program’s Budget; (16) provide data
and other administrative support to Grants Manager and Development Team; and (17) create
reporting content for Board Orientations, Committee Meetings and Funder related events.
Hours: Full-time Exempt position 40+ hrs./week (actual: minimum 60 hrs./week, up to 70 hrs./week). Evenings during site visit days (every other Thursday), Saturdays (every other Saturday) and additional evening/weekend events
required for program specific, BBBSLA wide events and Board/Committee Meetings.
Customer Service * Act as liaison with program partner, THR, for all WIE program activities. * Responsible to help build strong and productive working relationships with entertainment executives represented in our WIE program. EMS Functions * Responsible for annual recruitment, interview and selection of mentee participants working in conjunction with high school partners and The Hollywood Reporter. * Responsible for annual screening, interview, enrollment, and matching of potential WIE mentors. * Develop inclusive recruitment strategy to increase representation of African American students and other under underserved populations. * Conduct outreach campaign to include: school presentations, meetings with school administrators and principals. MSS Functions * Through scheduled in-person and telephone contact, ascertain that the elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled, and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible. Promptly notify supervisor regarding concerns, which may negatively influence the match. * Document and monitor all elements of match support and supervision. * Ensure high-level proficiency and good judgment in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. * Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow. * Collaborate with BBBSLA staff to bring college and career preparation resources to the WIE mentees and mentors throughout the WIE Program to ensure readiness for higher education and access. Project/Event Management * Responsible for maintaining WIE program data systems reflecting goals, completions, and overall progress.
* Coordinate and executive eight program specific events. * Oversee all SAT Prep sessions. * Manage WIE alumnae scholarship funds in collaboration with BBBSLA staff to ensure all obligations are met. * Identify and promote re-engagement of mentors and mentees as Bigs, board members, donors and in other volunteer capacities. * Share with development and/or marketing staff any potential partnership relationships as discovered through mentors’, parents’ employers, and affiliations. * Collaborates with the Director of Marketing on all media and entertainment opportunities, and video or other story telling opportunities. * Identify and promote re-engagement of mentors and mentees as Bigs, board members, donors and in other volunteer capacities. * Support agency-wide events as requested. Programming * Develop curriculum to ensure successful completion of Admission Application to a minimum of 10 institutions (per student). * Develop manuals and materials for student success for both mentors and mentees. * Collect data necessary for agency reports and for student success evaluation. * Draft all program related reports. Administrative * Propose and reconcile program’s budget. * Negotiate consultant and vendor contracts. * Confirm, schedule and track 1,280 rides on Hop Skip Drive; reschedule site visits and ensure that all stakeholders receive appropriate transportation information. * Coordinate and confirm check-ins with mentors, mentees and caregivers. * Track mentees attendance, progress and document all interactions. * Manage WIE email account and respond to all program inquiries in a timely manner. * Participate in all Agency staff and team meetings and other events as requested. * Perform other duties as assigned by agency leaders.
Benefits include PTO, medical, dental, Life, LTD and vision insurance and matching 403(b) participation.
Minimum Education Required