Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Research Data Specialist will work with Dr. R. Coleman Lindsley, M.D., Ph.D. to support the Leukemia clinical research program in the areas of data collection, computing, and database organization. Duties may include but are not limited to; the examination, synthesis, and evaluation of medical records; the abstraction and recording of pertinent medical information; and the monitoring of patient status. The Research Data Specialist will be responsible for the collection, management, and quality assurance review of patient clinical and research data. The Research Data Specialist may have the opportunity to develop disease-specific content expertise, and assist program investigators to generate data requests. There is no patient contact in this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluating and tracking the eligibility of cases for inclusion in the Leukemia Clinical Data Repository.
- Maintaining on-going communications with study team for data collection needs.
- Reviewing and abstracting the medical records for patients. Entering the clinical and research data into the designated database.
- Accessing patient demographic, clinical, and research information from the clinical systems including but not limited to the electronic medical record.
- Reviewing data for quality and completeness using reporting software.
- Collaborating with principal investigators, researchers, and clinicians in the continued development of the research projects.
- Assist principal investigators and staff in the creation of data reports for quality assurance measures.
- May be responsible for IRB and regulatory submissions and maintenance of regulatory files.
- Guide clinician questions with expert knowledge of how data collected may be leveraged to evaluate hypotheses or formulate research plans.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years of clinical and/or research experience in a health, medical, or scientific related field preferred.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow-through.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload.
- Ability to perform primary duties above independently after training.
- Must practice discretion and adhere to institutional confidentiality guidelines at all times.
The ideal candidate will have education, experience, and/or interest in:
- Reading and synthesizing information
- Learning new clinical and medical vocabulary
- Learning about the different types of leukemia related malignancies, their treatments, and how to assess outcomes
- Conducting medical record reviews and abstractions
- Data collection and entry
- Cancer-related research
- Patient-centered outcomes
- Public Health
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7scv4nwgqxgmm9s6
Minimum Education Required