Full Time Contract
Details: Compensation based on experience
150 N San Pedro Rd
Position: Admissions and Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Admissions and Director of Development
Position Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, 10 Months
The Marin School, an independent college-preparatory high school in San Rafael, California, seeks an Admissions and Development Coordinator.The Admissions and Development Coordinator is an essential member of the TMS Admissions and Development Team. This role supports the Admissions and Development Office in all areas related to student recruitment and enrollment, and fundraising. This person will work 3 days in the Admissions office and 2 days in the Development office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general office support
- Schedule appointments, tours, interviews, etc.
- Maintain accurate and complete admissions database
- Assist with admissions events (both on and off campus)
- Process applications, create and manage applicant files, ensuring deadlines are met, and all necessary materials are received in a timely manner
- Assist with the re-enrollment process
- Assist with generating statistical admissions reports
- Manage the student visit program
- Manage the student ambassador program
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions
- Providing general office support
- Assist with all development events and activities by generating guest lists, participating in setup and clean-up, and attending events
- Assist with school-wide events such as Back-to-School Nights, Major Donor events, Grandparents’/Grandfriends’ Days, the Gala/Auctions, and graduations.
- Maintain development database
- Ensure gifts are processed in a timely manner and donors are receipted and acknowledged accordingly
- Work with committees, volunteers, and other professional support staff
- Responsible for all aspects of alumni relations
- Other duties as indicated by the Director of Development
The optimal candidate will possess a superior attention to detail, facile use of technology, powerful organizational skills, superior communication skills, and strong self-motivation. The optimal candidate must be equally comfortable brainstorming ideas and executing them. A proven track record of working collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a professional team, while maintaining a positive attitude, will be beneficial to a candidate.
- Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, database management, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to attend events and periodic weekend and evening activities
- Bachelor's degree
- A valid and clear California driver's license and the ability to drive self and/or students to school visits and fairs away from campus
- At least 2 years of experience working at a school or with high school students.
- Experience working at an independent school a plus.
Values and Management Style:
- Operates with integrity and in the interest of the school.
- Maintains a generosity of spirit toward colleagues, assuming best intentions.
- Proactive, continually looking for ways to avert problems and improve systems.
- Approaches challenges with a problem solving, forward thinking mindset – willing to ask for help.
- Demonstrates trustworthiness in dealing with confidential matters.
- Enjoys working directly with high school students.
The position will begin on August 10, 2018. This is a 10 month position.
Medical, Dental, 403(b), Life & Long Term Disability
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for four references to firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO. No phone calls please.