167 West 89th Street
About Ballet Hispánico
Ballet Hispánico, the premier Latino dance organization in the United States, has been bringing individuals and communities together to celebrate and explore Latino cultures through dance for nearly 50 years. Whether dancing on stage, in school, or in the street, Ballet Hispánico creates a space where few institutions are breaking ground.
The organization’s founder, National Medal of Arts recipient Tina Ramirez, sought to give voice to the Hispanic experience and break through stereotypes. Today, Ballet Hispánico is led by Eduardo Vilaro, an acclaimed choreographer and former member of the Company, whose vision of social equity, cultural identity and quality arts education for all drives its programs.
Ballet Hispánico, a role model in and for the Latino community, is inspiring creativity and social awareness in our neighborhoods and across the country by providing access to arts education.
The Manager of Individual Giving is responsible for building Ballet Hispánico’s individual giving programs. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and supported by the Development Assistant and department intern, the Manager will work closely will the External Affairs team and senior leadership to cultivate prospects, alumni, School of Dance parents, and donors to increase contributed income.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer to reach all contributed income goals outlined in the annual operating budget. Campaigns will include, but are not limited to:
- Mid-year, year-end and Giving Tuesday annual appeals
- Nuestro Futuro Scholarship appeals
- Gala fundraising (not event logistics)
- Dancer Alumni
- School of Dance Parent Association
- Other campaign opportunities that arise
- Cultivate the existing portfolio of individual donors to higher and consistent levels of giving
- Develop fundraising strategies to increase giving from individual donors
- Conceptualize and write effective fundraising campaigns
- Oversee the timely and accurate recording and acknowledgment of donations
- Supervise the administration of Salesforce and Classy and ensure that database best practices are being implemented by department staff members
- Generate reports on status of contributed income campaigns
- Represent Ballet Hispánico at donor meetings and other events as needed
- Work closely with staff to gain the necessary knowledge of programs to effectively communicate to individuals
- Participate in developing departmental campaign initiatives
- Instill sense of shared responsibility for fundraising and development practices throughout Ballet Hispánico
- Performs other duties as requested
Attributes and Qualities
- Manages multiple projects effectively and is able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Fosters and nurtures relationships with colleagues, volunteers and donors
- Performs with grace under pressure
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Results-driven, but patient and flexible
- Proactive, thoughtful, and strategic
- Minimum of 4 years of nonprofit fundraising experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy including ompetency with Microsoft Office and database management experience
- Knowledge of Spanish desirable, though not required
- Commitment to Ballet Hispánico’s mission
Compensation and Application Procedure
· This is a full-time position for immediate hire. Salary and benefits are competitive with nonprofit organizations of comparable scope and scale.
Ballet Hispánico is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please address your cover letter and resume to Lorraine LaHuta, Chief Development Officer, and email the materials to email@example.com. Please include “YOUR NAME – Manager of Individual Giving” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please.