Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
The Community Service Society, a 174-year-old organization dedicated to alleviating poverty through research, advocacy, litigation, and direct service innovation, seeks a creative, digital media-savvy communicator to join our growing Marketing and Communications team. This position will serve as the primary content manager and curator for CSS social media channels and email marketing program.
- Works with the Director of Marketing and Design and VP of Digital Strategy to identify appropriate messages and voice for CSS online communications platforms, particularly social media and email communications.
- Creates and posts daily content that engages and expands our audiences and drives conversations and support around CSS research, advocacy campaigns, programs, events, and other priorities.
- Creates social media plans for key advocacy campaigns, publications, and initiatives and engages supporters and coalition members in support of these priorities.
- Regularly reviews analytics data, researches current trends, and proposes and executes strategies to engage CSS priority audiences through online channels.
- Writes and produces regular, targeted email messages that build relationships with supporters, promote our work, and provide calls-to-action and other ways for audiences to support CSS.
- Works with appropriate CSS departments to increase frequency of dissemination of our policy reports, action alerts, and program updates to appropriate segments of our email list.
- Assists CSS staff spokespeople and program representatives in the use of online communications channels in support of organizational priorities.
- With appropriate training, supports the department in making effective use of the technical features of social media tools and transitioning to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years’ experience in a marketing and communications role, preferably in a nonprofit, public policy, or advocacy-oriented setting.
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and online marketing metrics and best practices.
- Strong project management skills.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and attentive to quality.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with web content management systems, constituent relationship management (CRM) systems, social media account administration, and Microsoft Office. Prior experience with Salesforce preferred but not required.
- Experience with photography and photo editing preferred but not required.
- Interest in poverty, inequality, social and economic justice, or the related fields of housing, employment, and health care is strongly preferred.
Healthcare and additional benefits are available.
Minimum Education Required