Full Time Temporary
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the New York Program at the New York City office. The work of this position will help to make the urbanized waters New York Harbor fishable, swimmable, and boatable – a place where people and nature can thrive. This position conducts field- and lab-based research and manages data at marine restoration sites throughout New York City.
We are looking for an organized and hardworking candidate with outdoor experience and a background in science to work independently and collaboratively to monitor marine restoration sites. This position will work alongside the Urban Marine Ecologist, other NYC Program staff, and partner organizations. The candidate collects data, maintains research equipment including water quality instruments, and solves problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science related field and 1-year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with environmental data collection in field settings
- Experience with spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Multi-language skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R).
- Experience with water quality monitoring instruments.
- Ability to interpret guidelines and evaluate information and adapt accordingly.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment.
- Time management skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, and want to receive great benefits, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46393 by 11:59pm ET on April 25, 2018. Please note that the position will be located in New York City, NY.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.