Marketing Writer/Communications Specialist, Marketing and Communications
- Job posted by UJA-Federation of New York
130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Marketing Writer/Communications Specialist will own the strategic development, writing, and execution of speeches, emails, brochures, and other content. The Marketing Writer is responsible for translating the mission and impact of UJA-Federation into lively, persuasive copy that captures our refreshed voice. In addition, this position also manages the production of a small number of marketing collateral projects, from inception to publication.
- Create and edit content for speeches, emails, blogs, brochures, talking points, social media and other marketing and communications materials.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in departments throughout the organization.
- Provide strategic marketing guidance to fundraising/divisional teams.
- Ensure that all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice.
- Learn about UJA-Federation, its mission and programs, so that you can communicate effectively to UJA’s various audiences.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Extensive writing experience across multiple genres essential; speech writing experience helpful. Must provide writing samples.
- Exceptionally strong organizational and planning skills; must be able to multitask, prioritize, and adapt swiftly to changing requests and needs. Project management experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and flexibly with internal partners.
- Rapidly absorb ideas and content and distill them into accessible copy for diverse audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter, ability to manage projects and workload independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Related field a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please submit your application directly to our job board at UJA Careers Page. Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.