4730 Table Mesa Drive
This person will serve as a member of the senior management team at the Davis Phinney Foundation and will be part of leading the organization towards an ambitious strategic plan that includes an expansion of the organization’s resources and influence. Recognizing a number of untapped opportunities for additional philanthropic revenue and the need for programmatic growth, the Foundation looks to expand its budget to $4.5 million in revenue by 2020.
This person is responsible for leading and managing a development team of five to meet these ambitious goals by cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships with individual, corporate and foundation donors at all levels of giving.
Specifically, this position will:
· Lead the effort to expand fundraising at Davis Phinney Foundation, activating the expertise of the fundraising team as well as the executive director, marketing and communications staff, volunteers and board members.
· Design a comprehensive, integrated fundraising strategy and lead the execution of annual and multi-year fundraising plans with quantitative and qualitative goals for revenue.
· Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation partners through a variety of strategies and touch-points, maximizing funding and sponsorship opportunities.
· Lead the expansion of an individual giving program, with the goal to build a broad base of support at all giving levels.
· Engage and solicit a small portfolio of major donors and prospects and assist the executive director and board members with managing their individual fundraising activity.
· Minimum of eight years’ experience in fund raising with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets. Experience with healthcare organizations and some knowledge of Parkinson’s highly desired.
· Minimum of three years’ experience in managing, mentoring and building a team of fundraising professionals.
· Proven success in creating and implementing multi-year fundraising plans that engage donors and expend resources.
· Experience cultivating individuals, corporations and foundations with major gift potential and a history of success in soliciting large multi-year gifts.
· Knowledge and experience in standard fundraising techniques, including direct marketing, major gift solicitation, special events and peer-to-peer fundraising.
Desired Attributes and Skills
· A dynamic leader who can motivate, mentor and hold their team accountable
· A strategic thinker who has the ability to spot opportunity in data and results and advocate for an investment in resources for future growth
· A collaborative peer and manager who works across teams and with team members towards shared goals and objectives
· An exceptional communicator, who can engage high net-worth individuals and community leaders and inspire them to give of their time, treasure and talent.
· A positive and authentic approach to relationship-building that is motivated by the organization’s mission and a genuine investment in improving the lives of individuals impacted by Parkinson’s.
This is a full-time position that is based in Boulder, Colorado. The position reports to the executive director. Travel and some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Excellent benefits including generous paid vacation, sick time, retirement and health insurance benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Our ideal candidate will speak, read and write English fluently.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and “Development Director” in the subject line.