COMMUNITY OUTREACH & ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
- Job posted by Citizens' Committee for Children of New York, Inc.
14 Wall Street
- Providing regular updates to community-based partners on CCC’s research, community education, and advocacy; creating structured opportunities to strategically solicit insights and recommendations from community partners to inform CCC’s understanding of needs and opportunities for research, community education and advocacy.
- Collaborating with the Senior Associate for Community Based Research to build relationships with community-based partners as part of CCC’s participatory research projects: assist in coordinating interviews, focus groups, and/or other qualitative data collection opportunities and facilitate the participation of CCC volunteers when appropriate.
- Collaborating with the Director of Civic Engagement Programs to identify issue area experts among direct service providers, organize site visits, assist in recruiting students for CCC’s adult and youth Community Leadership Courses; and facilitate of the participation of CCC volunteers when appropriate.
- Collaborating with Communications staff to engage community-based partners in opportunities for policy briefings, media and social media, as well as an online advocacy campaigns and calls to action.
- Representing CCC in community-based forums, including trainings, workshops, panels, tabling opportunities, and other networking events; and helping to identify and coordinate opportunities for CCC participation in community outreach events, public forums, conferences and panel discussions where appropriate.
- Participating in staff meetings and contributing to CCC’s understanding of community-level needs, resources and initiatives.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills in English. Additional fluency in Spanish or another language (e.g., Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Urdu) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to child and family issues and familiarity with the landscape of child and family service providers in New York City.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to effectively engage diverse partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a coordinating role as part of a team.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Public Health, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other field relevant to child and family issues.
- At least three years of related and/or applicable professional experience in community organizing, community education programs/trainings, or qualitative research; Experience conducting interviews or focus groups is a plus.
Health care and dental insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent public speaking and written communication skills in English. Additional fluency in Spanish or another language (e.g., Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Urdu) strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required