PREA Compliance Manager and Quality Improvement Specialist
- Job posted by Lutheran Social Services of New York
475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: PREA Compliance Manager and Quality Improvement Specialist–Safe Haven for Children
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
The Safe Haven for Children Program is a 24-hour foster care program that serves unaccompanied alien children (UAC) in immigration custody who are awaiting release to their sponsors. The PREA Compliance Manager and Quality Improvement Specialist monitors the program’s compliance with all local, State, and Federal regulations and policies and oversees implementation and ongoing compliance with ORR Interim Final Rule on Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment Involving Unaccompanied Alien Children.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Review UAC portal weekly to ensure compliance with ORR policies and for quality of content.
· Review and close all charts within 45 days of minors’ discharge.
· Review and synthesize all policy changes, training staff on new policies as needed.
· Ensure compliance with ORR training requirements for staff.
· Ensure compliance with ORR’s Cooperative Agreement with LSSNY; track personnel requirements.
· Review accuracy of data in reports and provide feedback on program strengths and areas of growth.
· Ensure compliance with PREA guidelines provided by ORR, training staff as needed.
· Provide follow-up and ensure accurate reporting of SA-SIRs as required by ORR.
SUPERVISES: Social Work Interns
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, human services, or social service fields
EXPERIENCE: 1 year’s experience working with child welfare standards, best practices and compliance; experience in conducting investigations of sexual abuse preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Strong investigative/analytical skills
· Experience conducting sexual abuse investigations.
· Knowledge/understanding of sexual abuse and harassment.
· Experience with regulatory compliance as well as quality assurance.
· Able to work collaboratively with people from all walks of life.
· Strong interest in working with immigrant young persons.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills - able to facilitate trainings.
· Superior planning, organizational and time-management skills; detail-oriented.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Able to develop and manage social work interns.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Facility with Microsoft Office Applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Minimum Education Required