1404 E Yesler Way, Suite 201
The Girls on the Run of Puget Sound Program Coordinator must possess a passion for improving the lives and opportunities for girls in 3rd-8th grades, as well as commitment to the mission and vision of Girls on the Run. The Program Coordinator will work directly with the Program Director and Program Manager to effectively deliver the program, train and support volunteer coaches before and throughout the season, and assist with other supporting roles to ensure the success of the program in all sites within their region.
There are 3 part-time open positions for this role. We are seeking candidates to serve specific communities in which Girls on the Run has a presence. These regions include 1) Seattle area 2) East King County and 3) South King County. Please note in the subject line of your application if you live in or have connections within one or more of these regions.
This position will begin in January 2019.
Program Coordinator will assist the Program Director in the following areas:
- Maintain regular communication with and address questions regarding the GOTR programs from prospective and current participating sites
- Manage a regional area of program teams when the GOTR program begins, as the main GOTR staff contact for volunteers and participants at those sites (site liaisons, guardians/parents, coaches, practice partners, school administration, etc.)
- Manage, vet and place coaches and practice partners for your assigned region
- Assist with facilitating New Coach Trainings for volunteers
- Lead one Return Coach Kick Off event
- Assist with Coach Bin procurement, assembly and distribution
- Assist Program Team with 5k planning, distribution of materials and execution
- Attend weekly meetings with full GOTR staff and specific Program Team
- Complete site visits and evaluations regularly in your region
- Assist program team with post-season wrap up projects such as: collecting and organizing program materials, gathering recommitment forms from sites, conducting program surveys, and more.
- Support the Program Director by completing special projects that arise during the year
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Easily navigates technology. Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Excel, and PowerPoint and other desktop publishing tools.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to make effective oral presentations to large and small groups.
- Flexible, adaptable, and strong team collaborator.
- Excitement for Girls on the Run’s mission and eagerness to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of Girls on the Run.
- Part-time work schedule, hours will be flexed depending on time of year
- Flexible schedule. Some weekend and evening work is required.
- Reliable transportation required. Candidate is expected to commute within King County for regional site visits, in-office work, and special events.
Girls on the Run is dedicated to building an inclusive organization that values differences in personal backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. Diverse applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line reading “Program Coordinator Application – [List Preferred Region Here]”. No phone calls, please.
Minimum Education Required