37 West 26th Street, 7th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning health and social services agency in NYC with 30+ years of experience serving children with special medical needs and their families. We are currently seeking a Bilingual Case Associate in the Agency's Foster Care and Adoption Department.
Reports to: Director of Specialized Foster Care
Position type: Full-time
Job Summary: Assist Social Workers with various case planning tasks, including making home visits, supervising family visits, making referrals for concrete services and gathering information for adoption home studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct foster home visits, visits to birth homes, family visits and other field visits; document visits for electronic case records.
2. Assist social workers with necessary phone contacts to arrange appointments to make referrals for concrete services.
3. Attend Family Team Conferences, Family meetings, and any other scheduled case related conferences, as necessary.
4. Supervise family visits in the office and in the community, acting as a vising coach; document visits for electronic case record.
5. Accompany and advocate for parents at appointments for public assistance, housing, and other necessary services.
6. Visit schools to discuss educational progress of children with teachers and other school personnel.
7. Attend case reviews with multi-disciplinary professional staff.
8. Assist with data collection for adoption home studies.
9. Provide other assistance, as might reasonably be required, to support case management and permanency efforts for families with children in foster care.
1. Bachelor's degree; BSW preferred
2. Child Welfare experience; prior work in foster care preferred.
3. Prior experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds
4. Proficiency in Spanish is required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
When applying, indicate “Bilingual Case Associate” in the subject line, and email cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”