Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Culture Reframed (CR) seeks to hire an experienced, creative, and ambitious fundraising professional as its part-time Development Director to develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive development and fundraising plan. This is a newly-created position, and the only development professional in this small, start-up organization. Working with CR’s leadership, the Development Director will build new and expand existing relationships to cultivate a network of potential donors to substantially increase the organization’s revenue from philanthropic institutions, corporations, and individuals. The Development Director will develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Culture Reframed and its philosophical underpinnings, and will serve as an advocate and ambassador for the organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive development plan
- Identify, engage, solicit, and steward donors at all levels of giving
- Develop a robust major gifts program
- Develop and execute an acquisition plan for individual giving
- Identify and solicit new foundation grants opportunities
- Oversee the processing of gifts and prompt acknowledgement of gifts
- Implement a planned giving program
- Work with Marketing & Communications Manager to develop email communications, online campaigns, advertising, social media, website content, and other fundraising materials aimed at retaining donors and increasing gifts
- Plan and manage special events that boost institutional and individual fundraising efforts and work on special campaigns and projects as needed
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Culture Reframed and be deeply motivated by its mission.
Other qualifications include:
- BA and 5-plus years’ of experience in development with demonstrated success, and increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated commitment to the Culture Reframed mission
- Diplomatic, strategic thinker
- Ability to create and articulate an overall vision for the organization’s development efforts, while simultaneously identifying and monitoring the steps that will bring the vision to fruition
- Ability to deliver accurate, thorough, and consistent work with acute attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Self-starter, enthusiastic, creative, and driven
- Fast learner
- Patient, persistent, resourceful, and a sense of humor
Part-time (15-20 hours per week) with ability to grow the position into full-time. Flexibility based on candidate’s schedule preferences.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than July 27, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
Culture Reframed is committed to diversity in both its programmatic work and staffing with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, age, physical ability, religion, and sexual orientation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required