District of Columbia
World Central Kitchen seeks a full-time Special Events Manager to direct and implement our signature events, develop and cultivate corporate and individual event sponsorships, and coordinate donor trips to program locations. This position is based in WCK’s Washington, DC office, with the opportunity for some remote work.
World Central Kitchen is a non-profit organization founded by chef José Andrés that uses the power of food to empower communities and strengthen economies. We are chefs focused on finding “smart solutions to hunger and poverty” around the world.
With a network of over 150 chefs, WCK is working to improve employment, health, education around the globe and provide chef-driven meals following natural disasters. Recently, WCK filled a huge need in Puerto Rico to serve over 3 million quality meals prepared with dignity to victims of Hurricane Maria. WCK works in Haiti, Zambia, Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, and the USA - empowering the community to be part of the solution with a focus on school kitchens & meals for education, food safety and sanitation training, meals during disaster relief, clean cook stove implementation, culinary training, and job creation. For more information about World Central Kitchen, visit our website at http://worldcentralkitchen.org/
● Directly manage and oversee Dine-N-Dash, World Central Kitchen’s signature event in Washington DC, with 4,000+ attendees.
● Manage and oversee World Food Day (international online fundraiser) with 250+ participating restaurants. Oversee restaurant signup, communication, and follow-through on donations from restaurants and sponsors.
● Create and manage other events including donor recognition events in the US and program countries (such as Haiti and Puerto Rico), conferences, and speaking engagements for the leadership team.
● Help identify and establish new event opportunities to expand our reach with donors, supporters, the press, and other outlets.
● Develop event budgets, set and achieve event fundraising goals.
● Help identify, cultivate, and secure new and expanded event sponsorships, including developing corporate partnership packages.
● Coordinate with Communications and Marketing Manager to develop creative collateral and marketing campaign for all events.
● Serve as point of contact for, and coordinate with, all event volunteers, guest chefs and other event support staff and workers.
● Negotiate and oversee all vendor, site and related event contracts. Directly supervise all vendors during events for smooth operations.
● Assist in event registration site development, tracking, reporting and outcomes analysis.
● Collaborate with leadership team to design and implement donor trips to program locations.
● Assist field staff with coordination of volunteers and visitors to program sites.
Other responsibilities as needed.
Key Qualifications & Experience
● A sincere commitment to World Central Kitchen’s mission and programs.
● A Bachelor's degree.
● Five or more years related event planning required, experience with large-scale (500+attendees) event productions highly preferred.
● Experience identifying and securing high dollar event sponsorships and partnerships.
● Record of creating unique and engaging event experiences.
● Extreme attention to detail, deadlines, management, and execution of events.
● Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Office Programs, CRM and event management software required.
● A self-starter with strong initiative to suggest and implement efficiencies in ongoing operations.
● Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Three weeks PTO
Fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish or French highly desirable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter indicating why you are interested in working with World Central Kitchen. Please include in your cover letter your desired annual compensation and details of events you have managed. Links to online event website/pages highly welcome.
Applications are due by August 24th, 2018.