As the Grants Management Associate you will carry out general administrative support, invoicing and reporting requirements for the California Sustainable Energy Entrepreneur Development Initiative (CalSEED) program. Through nearly $40M, the CalSEED program funds clean energy entrepreneurs across California and is expected to grant awards to over 200 entrepreneurs by 2027. The person in this role will help support the CalSEED team in the grants life-cycle from application to contracts, contributing to the release of funds to awardees and monitoring active grants to ensure the adequate reporting and usage of state issued funds are being met. The Grants Management Associate also produces standard and ad hoc reports about the organization’s grant making for organizational-wide use. This position also periodically includes special projects relating to other aspects of the organization's work such as preparing information for donors and peer organizations within the CA ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is:
A fast learner, self-motivated, solution oriented, tech-savvy and can work with many different individuals while juggling priorities. If you are process-oriented and have a skill-set in multi-tasking, organization and in general administrative support, we encourage you to apply.
Examples of tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Providing administration support throughout the grant life cycle.
· Assisting with the grant payment process for awarded grants, including informing and communicating with grantees about invoicing and payment procedures.
· Contributing to the creation of internal policies and procedures.
· Provide administrative support throughout the grant life cycle including pre/post-award processing, tracking payments and producing relevant reports.
· Supports Grants Management and Compliance Officer (GMCO) in assuring that all required reporting is accurate, complete and is compliant with contract requirements.
· Assists GMCO in invoice preparation and reconciliations.
· Provides support with the grant payment process for awarded grants, including informing and communicating with grantees about invoicing and payment procedures.
· Ensure that appropriate grant data is provided and collected for meeting reporting deliverables to the California Energy Commission.
· Assist in the creation of policies to produce and improve internal processes.
· Provide logistical coordination to entrepreneurs about program logistics including the award processes, events and entrepreneur training sessions.
· Support CalSEED Program Director with general administrative tasks and deliverables.
· Represent the California Program team in a positive way within the organization, and in interactions with individuals and organizations external to New Energy Nexus.
· Informs accounting staff of changes related to CalSEED awardee contracts and billing information.
· Assist CalSEED team in administering California Energy Commission’s required annual forms and new-hire training.
· Update internal payments tracking spreadsheets.
Associates Degree in Business or related field with a minimum of 2 years of work experience or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1 year of work experience.
As the Grants Management Associate you will carry out general administrative support, invoicing and reporting requirements for the California Sustainable Energy Entrepreneur Development Initiative (CalSEED) program. Through nearly…
New Energy Nexus values and celebrates diversity among our employees and in our movement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family/marital status or veteran status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We compensate competitively, provide great benefits and offer a supportive culture.
New Energy Nexus values and celebrates diversity among our employees and in our movement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive…