Customer Experience Specialist, Temp-to-Perm
For over a century, Girl Scouts has been instilling generations of girls with the skills and knowledge to become young women of courage, confidence, and character, to speak out and be leaders. Today, Girl Scouts of Greater New York (GSGNY) is delivering its message of empowerment and engaging more than 31,000 girls of every race, background, and religion.
GSGNY's vision is a New York City in which every girl feels empowered to lead in her community, the workplace, and the world. GSGNY has become a hub for innovation within the broader Girl Scouts movement, presenting new ways to engage and inspire the next generation of young leaders. Recent program developments include:
• The expansion of its acclaimed Troop 6000™ to all five boroughs of NYC - the program, which was created for girls living in the New York City shelter system - now serves 650.
• The launch of new STEM programs such as Girl Scout Robotics, Urban Day Camp, and Breaking the Code, to help young women acquire the skills and confidence needed for the modern workplace.
• The increasingly prominent role of our city's Girl Scouts in the public realm - from advocating to local officials for menstrual equity measures, to fundraising for the first ever monument to women in Central Park.
The Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for all member and non-member support. Includes but not limited to specifics tasks on following up with member pipeline, manage and convert leads generated by program events or from GSUSA campaigns, monitor and improve the conversion rate, process renewals, troop to troop transfers, bank letters, trip requests, and process financial aid requests. Be the primary point of contact for inquiries via phone, email, in person, Live Chat or through our social media channels, providing the highest level of customer service to all members, both external and internal.
Increase overall customer experience for members and non-members with the goal to increase year-over-year engagement.
Improve and maintain one day conversion rate of 35% or higher for Daisy and 50% for total new girl conversion rate.
Increase the utilization of solutions by 3% by end of MY21
Achieve national averages or better in case management closure rate for at least 10 out of 12 months per year.
- Maintain a Case Closure Rate of 80%
- Achieve and Maintain a 1-day Case closure rate of 95%
- Achieve and maintain a case closure rate of 7.6 hours.
- Achieve and maintain a 2-day Conversion rate of 75%
- Achieve and maintain a 7-day conversion rate of 80%
Customer Care and Essential Functions:
• Provide prompt, accurate answers to customer queries utilizing our Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) - Salesforce.
• Clarify desired information.
• Follow up with phone calls and emails if more info is needed.
• Research, locate and deliver findings.
• Engage in problem-solving and provide solutions.
• Answer cases using Solutions.
• Assign cases to appropriate queue if solution is not available.
• Record phone calls, web chats or emails as cases or activities as appropriate.
Leader and Current Member Support
• Handle troop transfer and bridging requests.
• Process bank letter requests.
• Process troop trip applications.
• Process additional insurance.
Case Management Queue
• Identify trends in cases and calls to drive the awareness of what is happening and the creation of solutions.
o Be prepared to share identified trends in weekly CE Dept meetings
Data Management and Knowledge
• Assist with data entry and development of solutions to foster cross- department collaboration.
o Follow business processes as provided.
o Request business process clarification as needed.
• Maintain data health metrics by entering information accurately and quickly.
Cross - Department Collaboration
• In collaboration with Community Outreach and Membership Development team, plan and facilitate engagement activities for girls in lead campaigns.
Financial Aid Processing
• Monitor financial aid requests.
o Communicate expected contributions from caregivers or leaders and follow up to receive payments.
o Process received payments and financial aid as split payments.
• Contact non-members with information about troop & program availability and registration via phone and email.
o Pipeline contacts
o GSUSA lead campaigns for girls/parents
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Strong aptitude for using database systems (Salesforce & Looker).
• 2+ years of related experience.
• Superior problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement regarding data integrity, analyzing/presenting issues as they arise, and maintaining and organizing workload.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical team members and collaborate well with team.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and to identify how processes contribute to big picture goals.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage and maintain confidential information.
• Computer skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and advanced knowledge working with CMS databases.
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences among staff, girls, and volunteers through a DEI lens.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Due to COVID, our office is closed through June 2021. While currently and temporarily remote, this is typically an office-based position requiring regular contact with girls, caregivers, volunteers, and community members.
• This is a temporary position with the possibility of becoming a permanent role after three months.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Customer Experience Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Customer Experience Specialist, Temp-to-Perm
For over a century, Girl Scouts has been instilling generations of girls with the skills and knowledge to become young women of courage, confidence, and character…