Rockwood Leadership Institute provides personal transformative leadership practices and resources that connect social change leaders in powerful networks to create a just, sustainable, and equitable world.
Rockwood does not do 'business as usual.' Our commitment to our values influences every aspect of our organization—what we do and how we do it.
Rockwood’s core values include:
· Radical inclusion
· Relationship before task
· Giving and receiving direct feedback
· Kindness over niceness
· Leading from purpose, individually and as an organization
The Accounting Manager will work in close collaboration with the Senior Finance and Program Operations Manager and the Chief Operating Officer to perform basic and mid-level, detailed accounting-related tasks for Rockwood.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare invoices for payment and assist other staff in preparing payment requests.
· Maintain vendor files, including cloud-based filing system and scanned files.
· Meticulously track invoices, receipts and payments, including scanning and/or filing all invoices and receipts.
· Support Assistant to the President and Operations Manager in tracking reimbursements due and managing expenses.
· Enter bills to be paid into QuickBooks as needed.
· Invoice training participants for Fellowships and Yearlongs.
· Partner with Enrollment Coordinator to track late payments for public trainings
· Match credit card payments to Salesforce training records and prep for QuickBooks entry, save to cloud-based filing system.
· Review suspicious credit card transactions for approval or follow-up.
· Enter check payments into Salesforce and deposit log.
· Prepare weekly deposits and take to bank.
· Support Senior Manager in the management of accounts receivables and in the collection of past due accounts.
· Reconcile Program Service Fees with Salesforce training database.
· Manage financial relationship with Rockwood’s subtenants.
Company Credit cards
· Collect and match credit card receipts with statements, classify and code.
· Enter credit card charges into QuickBooks.
· Scan and save all credit card receipts to cloud based filing system.
· Track expenses and provide financial reports for fiscally sponsored projects.
· Update Cash Flow Forecast monthly.
· Update AOL Dashboard tracking and attend bi-weekly Prog/Ops meetings.
· Other financial reporting as needed.
· Collect and process employee timesheets, and update vacation log.
· During annual audit, assist with gathering needed documentation.
· Develop systems to create efficiencies in the Finance department.
· Regularly reconcile balance sheet accounts.
· Ensure that detailed documentation of all financial transactions is filed in Rockwood’s cloud-based filing system.
· Support the Senior Manager and COO as needed on special projects.
· Other Duties as Assigned
· Minimum of 5 years of recent experience providing accounting support for a non-profit organization.
· Proficiency in using QuickBooks desktop application required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel) required.
· Experience using Salesforce or another CRM database preferred but not required.
· Effective spoken (phone and in-person) and written communication skills.
· Strong sense of motivation and self-management skills.
· Ability to track details effectively and manage multiple tasks at once.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to resolve issues that may come up.
· Desire to work within a very diverse workplace and to relate to a broad spectrum of people outside of Rockwood.
· Optimistic and positive team player.
Rockwood Leadership Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, Rockwood prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
Rockwood offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our 32 hour workweek means you have every Friday off – we only work Monday through Thursday. This position is based out of our Oakland office. The salary range for this position is $60,000-65,000.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter with a description of your experience as it relates to the above, and a resume to email@example.com by March 29, 2018. Job open until filled.