1025 "F" Street, NW
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Public Affairs Officer to join the office of Government Relations and Public Affairs. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Public Affairs Officer will assist the Senior Director of Public Affairs in the development, design, and content of publications and other media explaining the Endowment and its work to the public. Principal responsibilities include writing and editing materials communicating the Endowment’s mission and explaining its programs. This includes working closely with NED leadership, regional teams, and various NED initiatives to produce NED’s Annual Report; leading production of regular email newsletters featuring compelling stories that demonstrate NED’s effectiveness and impact; development of content for website and social media and other publications and materials as needed. Participate as a member of public affairs team on special projects including events and press as needed.
- Manage the Annual Report production and printing
- Produce and provide content and design for regular e-newsletters
- Distribution of NED bulk email communication via CRM database and Click Dimensions
- Provide website and social media content.
- Design and coordinate the production of event materials (invitations, programs, etc.)
- Design and coordinate the production of NED collateral materials, brochures, stationery, etc.
- Be an editorial and creative resource to NED staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience in writing, editing and desktop publishing;
- Proven experience in layout and design using InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office;
- Familiarity with WordPress and HTML;
- Other Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining positive external relations;
- Demonstrated interest in International Affairs;
- Solid understanding of the NED’s mission and civil society issues;
- Superior written communication skills, experience with feature-style writing (600-800 words sample required);
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, feature-style writing sample (600-800 words), desired salary, and contact information for three professional references. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. email@example.com Please, no phone call inquiries.