111 Mulberry St Suite 1
Job Description: Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Real Estate Development, the VP of Real Estate Project Management will be responsible for helping to shape and implement the real estate development strategy on behalf of the City of Newark. The VP, REPM will manage and execute a wide variety of projects, and play a critical role in interfacing with the real estate development community, residents and key stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following functions will be performed by the VP, Real Estate Project Management:
- Implement a strategic Real Estate Development Plan that supports private and public development in the City of Newark.
- Oversee real estate development projects, including the development of affordable housing.
- Manage environmental investigation and remediation projects in conjunction with environmental consultants.
- Coordinate urban design and redevelopment activities in conjunction with the City of Newark Department of Economic and Housing Development.
- Negotiate and implement redevelopment agreements in conjunction with the City of Newark Department of Economic and Housing Development.
- Prepare financial reports, analyses and budgets for real estate projects under Newark CEDC management.
- Perform market analysis of different real estate property classes
- Draft Request for Proposals and Request for Qualification documents to identify qualified professionals and redevelopers.
- Conduct zoning and financial analyses to determine highest and best use for public and privately owned properties.
- Coordinate and consult local property owners of privately-owned vacant properties to assist with redevelopment projects within targeted areas and districts to reduce neighborhood blight.
- Provide technical support to entities and residents seeking to buy publicly owned properties.
- Lead community outreach efforts in conjunction with the City of Newark Department of Economic and Housing Development.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree preferred in related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in economic development, real estate development, or urban planning
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the City of Newark
- Ability to draft proformas, navigate real estate development process, familiarity with relevant laws and statutes
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and respond quickly to time sensitive requests
- Willingness to engage with complex problems
- A proactive approach in project management
- Knowledge of GIS, Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Newark CEDC offers a competitive salary and an excellent fringe benefit package as well as an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment.
Minimum Education Required