Pratham USA is recruiting an experienced Regional Development Director to lead the efforts in designing, implementing and managing a Major Gifts and integrated fundraising strategy for the Central region and Pratham USA in partnership with PUSA leadership and other Regional Directors. This Central region currently includes chapters in Houston, Austin, Dallas and Chicago. The Regional Development Director will work closely with chapter leadership, board members, the Pratham USA team and program leadership in India. She/he will oversee a regional team of managers and associates and will be accountable for the P&L and growth of the region. The Regional Director will report to the Pratham USA Executive Director.
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual with an exceptional level of personal responsibility, who is both adept at conveying our message persuasively to garner financial resources while managing teams and processes to ensure a strong and responsive development function.
- Work with PUSA leadership as part of the national development team and with chapter leadership to design and implement overall engagement and fundraising strategies, in order to continue the sustained growth of revenues.
- Develop and execute a three-year plan to reach region revenue goals. Pratham USA expects to grow philanthropic giving by individuals, corporates and foundations to $40 million by 2024. The Central region will be an integral part of this growth.
- Personally manage a portfolio of major gifts and discovery donors to establish long-term relationships and cultivate their interests in Pratham programs.
- Lead and manage a team of regional development professionals, motivating talent and guiding staff in reaching their goals and fundraising targets. Provide oversight of and assist in developing targeted communications and strategic work plans.
- Participate in goal setting, performance reviews and resourcing decisions for the regional team in collaboration with Pratham USA Leadership/Talent and Org.
- Collaborate with program leadership in India and the national development team to assess funding priorities and gaps and develop major gift opportunities.
- Contribute to the drafting and editing of philanthropic communications including case for support, funding proposals and donor updates and reports, working closely with the donor communications director and program leadership in India.
- Work with chapter board leadership to engage current and lapsed board members and major gift donors to expand the Pratham USA footprint and raise regional awareness and fundraising.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all Pratham programs and initiatives.
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed.
- The role will involve regional travel with evening and weekend work schedules based on need.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelors’ degree, with strong preference for a Master’s in a related area.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in non-profit development required, with at least 5 years in major gift fundraising.
- Proven ability to personally close gifts of $25,000+ and experience securing large gifts from new prospects.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Able to lead and motivate a development team to achieve fundraising and organizational goals.
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for international development.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to listen and target communications to specific interests and audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple complex projects, work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.