SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ten Month Position: The Combined Federal Campaign National Capital Area (CFCNCA) Marketing & Communications (MarCom) Coordinator for the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is responsible for assisting with the development, management and implementation of key internal and external marketing and communications activities. The CFCNCA MarCom Coordinator will also support both large and small event planning, day to day operations and review processes.
- Support the marketing and communications efforts in alignment with the direction provided by the CFC National Marketing Outreach Coordinator and the Local Federal Coordinating Committees (LFCC).
- Support the development, customization and implementation of digital and printed marketing materials including but not limited to posters, cards, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of written campaign materials such as social media posts, articles, speeches, talking points, training guides, campaign guides, newsletters, and web content, including supporting documents and materials for the LFCC.
- Assist in the building out and updating of the CFCNCA website with engaging and relevant content.
- Support the marketing and communications for the CFCNCA major events and agency level charity and awareness events.
- Support the collection of data, analysis and report out of CFC marketing and communications efforts.
- Assist in video editing and 508 compliance efforts for campaign resources.
- Write, post, update, and track social media content, design graphics and headers on an as-needed basis, as well as research trends and manage accounts. social media content per the marketing plan.
- Monitor and track campaign marketing progress against the CFCNCA marketing and media program plan.
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager in compiling monthly marketing and digital usage reports.
- Design, manage, and work with staff leadership to review yearly awards and certificates prior to the conclusion of the campaign. Other duties as relevant to the marketing/communications and event planning and implementation for the CFCNCA.
Skills and Abilities:
- A marketing professional with at least three years of experience
- Demonstrable success in the implementation of strategic marketing and communication plans and programs
- Proven project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and diverse stakeholders
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write for a diverse audience in a variety of formats (electronic and print) while ensuring skills in organization and detail work
- Experience with graphic design (InDesign); the Adobe Creative Suite (includes Photoshop); familiarity with video-editing software (PremierePro), website building and HTML/SEO
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
- Must be a creative, innovative self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with a focus on results
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively within the military and federal government environment.
Education and Experience:
- AA degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in communications, marketing and/or fundraising
- Prior non-profit or philanthropic experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check