The National Trust for Historic Preservation, a nonprofit organization that works to save America’s historic places, seeks an exceptionally talented and creative mid-level graphic designer that will work with the creative director to develop a wide variety of marketing and brand materials in a creative and high-energy environment.
The ideal candidate has proven experience demonstrating the use of sophisticated design, typography, photography and illustration. You must be a multi-tasker who can easily design and layout engaging campaign materials, but can also craft a digital piece with punch. We are looking for someone who can turn out designs quickly and has the ability to dissect content across both print and digital using creative solutions in a collaborative environment. This is a key role for a design thinker with a passion for storytelling, usability and an eye for visual consistency.
- Executes and implements entire process of all projects assigned by Creative Director, from initial project request to final production. Concepts and design solutions must be produced at a high level of competence and creativity.
- Manages creative assets and production of digital communications, including: email; social shares, social media platforms, etc. Meets directly with internal staff and recommends design strategies. Manages entire process. Works with Social Media and Digital Marketing staff to implement new visuals and branding. Works closely with the Creative Director to ensure cohesive branding. Sets schedules for implementation and manages project logistics.
- Manages the work of outside designers for individual projects, from initial request to final product as assigned by the Creative Director. This includes solicitation of appropriate designers, setting contract or price, and ensuring production schedules are executed on time and on budget.
- Works with outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, multimedia professionals and printers as needed.
- Ensures adherence to brand identity guidelines, templates, logos and stationery system. Responsible for maintaining and updating files and communications on staff intranet.
- Implements outreach and training of staff to emphasize importance of brand materials. Responsible for all-staff communications regarding branding materials.
- Oversees National Trust stationery system and executes development of new pieces as necessary. Recommends and awards print contract.
- Oversees Image Management System and serves as vendor contact.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- At least 4 years of professional experience, including experience with design and production of print and online communications, and marketing materials in a service-oriented association or design firm setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a Mac environment: Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop applications; presentation software such as PowerPoint and Keynote; and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience managing digital and print production processes—some proficiency with HTML.
- Proven ability to present ideas clearly through verbal communication in a client-designer relationship. Experience successfully managing internal stakeholders and relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate across divisions to implement processes and achieve results.
- Experience helping to ensure that materials reflect an organization’s brand identity, diversity, and outreach goals required.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Intermediate project-management skills, including project budgeting and planning. Ability to achieve results with general supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Effective presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in graphic design/communications design.
See portfolio of creative work at https://creative.savingplaces.org/